Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
we are using powerbuilder 12.5 classic. we will plan to use VSTS(azure devops) in near future.. is there any possible way to migrate our powerbuilder source code to VSTS ?...
Hello, everyone, for years PowerBuilder has ignored the Windows setting of two-digit years. Our customers work a lot with birth dates and want the Windows setting to be respected rather than the fixed setting listed in the PowerBuilder help. (great...
How can I detect if a user has caps lock on their keyboard prior to entry of any data?  I am using PowerBuilder 2017, build 1666, and I still under Windows 8 but will be converting to Windows 10 in the near future. Thanks Cheryl...
Hi, I wrote a simple app which captures a pictures using the camera , I have deployed it to Android 10 Tablet and it works fine.   But there is an issue , after each picture is taken a file called image(1).jpg is created in the pictrues folder It ...
We are using Power Builder 2017R3 build 1858 for our POS application. The application runs on Windows Server 2016. We have a constant crash in a specific feature. .Net Framework  3.5 (version 3.5.30729.4926 ) and 4.7 ( version 4.7.02558; release 461...
How to Push a URL in Power builder 10.5 ??How to configure a mail server with PB 10.5?...
Hi, hopefully someone can help I am getting an error in my application which is 32 bit pb2019 when i run it on windows 2016 RDS Error =  datawindow error Select Error: Decimal conversion error. Powerbuilder supports only 18 digits. Also on some ...
New to PS.  We are looking into sending HTML messages optionally with attachments.  What is everyone else using?   Kevin...
Hello, everyone My web application is multi-tenant and each client requires that its users log in to the application with authentication of their respective LDAP (Windows Active Directory) servers. How to programmatically connect to a remote LDAP se...
How to programming in appeon with ole object of MScomm32 ?...
Hi, Appeon If windows 10x natively will support only app PWA, and UWP (initially); What are the possibilities that SnapDevelop in the future will have the option of creating the manifest for the PowerBuilder app to directly generate the .apx packag...
Hello, is there a way to influence the binding process between SnapObjects and a database (specifically Oracle) yet? The issue we're facing is that when reading from an Column that has the type NUMBER, SnapObjects requires the property in the C# Mo...
I'm having a problem with the PowerBuilder IDE. If I open PB and run the selected target (of 2 targets) in the local workspace, the application starts and runs OK. But if I close the application and then right click the other target (with the intent...
I realize that the prescribed technique for creating the Extended Attribute system tables (pbcatcol, pbcatedt, pbcatfmt, pbcattbl & pbcatvld) is to allow PB to do this auto-magically the first time a connection is made to the database via the Dat...
Hello,  I've built an infomaker page in an effort to display elements in the front end of gui system. Using a query and updating all fields to be no edit.  Code pulls a handful of elements from a series of joined tables with the where clause ..  s...
Hi there We are planning to use the git integration of Appeon PowerBuilder, which works perfectly for source and PBLs. Problem: PowerBuilder just ignores all assets like images, icons, external components etc. Of course, we could use tortoise git t...
I am using the .NET DLL Importer to bring a vendor's DLL into my PowerBuilder app.  Below are a couple of screen shots.  Not sure what is going on, but basically seeing two issues. 1. Several functions appear in the failed items list. Any insight ho...
I have a 1 row datawindow that contains various lengths of text depending on the query.  The users want to see the last entries upon the open of the datawindow.  I found the following example in your HELP system that I think will solve the problem: ...
Here is a strange one.  I have a PB 2017 R3 desktop app which fails when trying to launch it with a double click from Explorer.  However when I launch it from a command prompt it works correctly.  This was not always the case with this App, so obviou...
Hello, In PB2017R3 when you do dw.SaveAs XLSX! an there is a cell with more than 32767 characters (character size limit of Ecel's cell) - resulting .xlsx file will consider this cell unreadable in MicroSoft Excel. At the same time Open Office just t...

There are no discussions available here currently