Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
  Hello, we have migrated your mdi application to use the Ribbonbar. All works fine but we are missing one thing. In the old menu there was automaticly under Window/Fenster a list of all opened sheets/windows. Is there something similar in the ribb...
Hi, I am currently using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1915.  The company had upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10.  Since the upgraded there came up a strange behavior.  Every time when user tried to upload file, the app would crash between 2 - 5 minutes....
Buen día tengo el siguiente problema con mi gestor de base de datos(MYSQL): 1)INTEGER LI_ROWS SELECT COUNT(id_obra) INTO :LI_ROWS FROM obras_trabajador USING SQLCA;   ERROR:FUNCTION BD.COUNT does not exist. Check the 'Function Name Parsi...
I am running PB 2019 R2 build 2353.  I currently use MS SQL Server.  I am in the process of converting to MySQL version 8.0.21.  I am able to connect to the database no problem using ODBC drivers.  I converted one of the simpler applications and it c...
Hello All, i need to call the WS located in :190.104.150.226:8033/MidaSoftware2/MidaSoftare when we call MidaNovedades in SoapUi we get all the accents. when we call it from PB we lost the characters we set the same encondigo (UTF-8) this is the c...
When entering the platform through the Google Chrome browser, the system generates the attached error, please validate the informationError instantiating the encryption ActiveX which would be the solution since it enabled the activeX and the message...
Hi, I am using PB 2019 32 bit application on Windows 10 64 bit. when I call RegistryGet function as in this example: RegistryGet("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intercad\Polis\comune","comune",RegString!,gCodiceComune) i got the registry value from...
Where does Powerbuilder 2019 store the information about whether a workspace is under source control.  I've found that if a put a workspace under Git Source control and then copy the folder containing the workspace and Git repository to another locat...
I would like to have a function run that checks to see if users have all the needed 3rd party addons installed before I let them start using that feature.   So far I have created a simple routine that checks to see if registry entries are there.  If...
Version: PB 2017 R3 Build 1880 Desktop Windows 10 Built help file using robohelp. Using command showhelp (location, Keyword!, topic) option. Issue: the help file comes up correctly at the desired location but it won't lose focus when I either cli...
We are attempting to implement the PB Web Control in an application for displaying documents with some issues.  One developer can get it to run correctly by running as admin, one gets a memory error issue, and the third one just has the app close out...
Hi, In our appliication we have an ancestor window (which itself has two ancestors above) with 45 descendants. To apply a theme to a control (in this particular case a datawindow) on the ancestor we have to add all 45 descendants to our custom theme...
Good Day - We are currently testing our newly migrated (PB2019 R2) application on Windows Server 2019. We noticed a lot of fonts/symbols we have used for many years simply do not exist on WS2019. Based on MS documentation, we cannot simply distribut...
We've recently have had a range of users in different environments report that when printing to the built in Microsoft PDF Printer they will randomly not get the print pop up box after the call is made from Powerbuilder. The issue seems isolated to t...
if i start the app in the ide it works fine. if i start the app via the generated exe (32-bit) it fails. The problem is it doesn't create a nonvisulobject, which is required in the startup script. it's a simple create objectname which fails. For tes...
We have migrated our application from PB 10 to PB 2019 R2 and facing an issue in the RTE control.I have selected the 'Built in TX Text Control' in the application properties. When we change the Input Field data in the runtime before saving the recor...
HI Guru    I  migrated powerbuilder script to C#, It seems only pure C# and no visual window image. It that is correct ?   ...
Hi.   I've gathered profiling information at runtime for one of our customers. I have a PBP file at my computer and want to open it in "Profiling Trace View" in PowerBuilder 2019 to analyze it. First I need to choose a target (.pbt) file, and the...
PB 2019 R2  IDE Crash when i Try to select an icon/bmp in menu or any object   Angelo  ...
Trying to use a inhouse built .Net dll in PB 2017 , that was successfully working in PB12.5 It gives an error "Cannot create object" We are trying to connect to it with OleObject. Used REGASM to register that dll. Anyone has a solution for this?...

There are no discussions available here currently