1. Lisa Rudnitsky
  2. InfoMaker
  3. Monday, 10 August 2020 18:15 PM UTC

Hello, 

I've built an infomaker page in an effort to display elements in the front end of gui system. Using a query and updating all fields to be no edit. 

Code pulls a handful of elements from a series of joined tables with the where clause .. 

select
a.customer,
season,
performance_date, 
performance_name,
seats = count(m.seat_no) ,
amount = cast (sum(m.paid_amt) as money)

... 

WHERE A.event_date > ISNULL(D.cancellation_dt, '01/01/2901')
AND d.inactive = 'N'
AND event_code = 7
AND a.customer_no = :customer_no

with a group by 

-----------------------------

The following error is generated when i go to the front end of the interface and select the customer_no 

Last Error: Invalid DataWindow row/column specified at line 4 in rowfocuschanged event of object dw_panel of uo_panel_custom_constituent.

--------------------------------------

Whenever i search for errors pertaining to sybase, infomaker, powerbuilder i find nothing. Please advise. 

Attachments (1)
Olan Knight Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 13 August 2020 16:29 PM UTC
  2. InfoMaker
  3. # 1
0
Votes
Undo

Lisa -

   The error you are getting is telling you that EITHER the rownumber you specified in the command is worong, OR the column name you specified in the command does not exist in the datawindow object (dwo).

1. Examine the QUERY that works.

2. Compare each column/field in the query to the columns defined in the dwo.
    Correct any dwo columns that do not match the successful query.

3. In the user interface, i.e. the GUI, how do you specify the customer_no?
       Do you type it into a Single Line Edit (SLE)?
       Do you click on a row in the dwo?

    If you are clicking on the dwo row itself, then ROWNUM is correct.

    If you are clicking on a cmd button or an SLE, look at the script involved by the click and see 1) if the columns are named correctly, and 2) ensure that the row does not exceed the number of retrieved rows in the dwo.


Good Luck,

Olan

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Georg Brodbeck Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 13 August 2020 08:59 AM UTC
  2. InfoMaker
  3. # 2
0
Votes
Undo

Hi Lisa

The error message you posted looks to me like you've made some changes to a DataWindow, which caused the DataWindow to be no longer compatible to the corresponding PowerScript code.

If you do changes to the Data Source, you always need to make sure the column specification didn't change, because the PowerBuilder Code might rely on that.

That's also why you didn't find anything useful about this error message - it's specific to your applications's code.

Regards, Georg.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 11 August 2020 03:40 AM UTC
  2. InfoMaker
  3. # 3
0
Votes
Undo

Hi Lisa;

  Can you tell us ...

1) InfoMaker version & build

2) What mechanism do you use in OM to connect to the DBMS?

3) Is this Sybase SQL AnyWhere or ASE?

4) What version & build of Sybase DB are you using?

5) What MS-Windows release are you using?

6) Have you tried opening the Library Painter in IM, selecting all your objects & then performing a regenerate?

7) Have you tried "Optimizing" your IM Library(ies)?

8) Can you run the SQL from your IM report in the DB Painter OK?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
I am not entirely sure how to answer all those questions,

1. Infomaker 2017 R3

2. I'm not sure what OM means? But we are connecting to the database internally through OLE Microsoft DB

3. this is MS SQL

4 and 5.. I'm not sure

6. The issue is I used data source and put the code in directly the same way we normally do for drop down menus, etc. That approach always works. This time it did not. We were able to resolve this by creating it as a report (with a stored procedure) rather then a data window with elements to drop down and NOEDIT tags on them.

7. Again, apologies i'm not sure what this implies.

8. The SQL worked inside infomaker, but not through the front end of the app (not until we turned it into a proc).

--------------------

That said, we were able to make it work by creating a procedure instead of an embedded piece of code. What I don't understand and what frustrates me the most, is that error message was vague and unclear and googling it provided a futile search. Because it returned nothing remotely helpful. Is there some kind of error list, something I can look at to know if this error is thrown -- look in A, B or C or do something else.

Thank you for your time.

-Lisa
  1. Lisa Rudnitsky
  2. Wednesday, 12 August 2020 17:19 PM UTC
The error is exactly as Olin said. EITHER the row you are trying to get data from doesn't exist, or the column name you are using is not correct (maybe typo). Step through in debugger. Make sure you actually have rows in the dw, and that the row you are using is >= the rowcount for the dw. You also didn't post the script in line 4 of the rowfocuschanged, which would've helped. So again, there is probably a getitemxxxxx(row, "column_x") or similar, where row is not valid or "column_x" is spelled wrong.
  1. Kevin Ridley
  2. Friday, 14 August 2020 15:39 PM UTC
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :
  • 1


There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.