Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi All, I am trying to create JWT using PowerBuilder, using CrypterObject Object when I am doing the Encryption, Decryption and Sign using public and private keys which are generated using AsymmetricGenerateKey is working fine. Whereas my requiremen...
PB 2019 GA I have a question about the file Sybase.PowerBuilder.DataWindow.Excel12.dll. Customers have reported that SaveAs Excel12 result in an abort. It appears that the file needs to be installed into the .Net GAC and we didn't do that in our in...
Hello everybody, I have a mobile application for Android and I have a problem displaying images in a datawindow object with a tableblob object, when I'm designing the datawindow object in the preview, the images show fine, but when I deploy the app a...
Running Powerserver 2019. We normally have to get it running in IE first then install it in Chrome to get it to work in Chrome. Sometimes it will stop working in Chrome and we have to go back into IE and reinstall it then it will start working again...
Hi Teachers     I would to like to migrate all powerbuilder code to C# or .net.  but I studied the Document at https://docs.appeon.com/powerscriptmigrator2019r2/PB_to_CSharp_Migrating_Re-factored_Business_Logics(NVOs)/index.html. It seems need p...
Hi all, I'm playing with the .NET DataWindow / SnapDevelop sample "CRUD Operations with .NET DataStore". How can I get back the new database generated identity value(s) of the inserted row(s)? Bernhard...
Hi, I created a test PB app calling a single custom C# DLL function 'getName(jsonstring)' using OleObject and ConnectToNewObject( classname ) approach. I had the app compiled as 32 bit. The compiled exe is able to succesfully create/instantiate th...
Hi All,    is it possible I show up a image on datawindow from URL link instead of local path? i.e.: I have a datawindow with some records where once of columns is defined as "Display as Picture" but the value of this column is not a local path, b...
I search in options->Environment AutoRecover or AutoSave but didn't find !  In VS 2019 in Environment have AutoRecover....
We are using the Infomaker 2017R2-1769 version with Nautilus 9.4 since January this year without any problems during activation and so on. Now was the first time that I needed to open it again to change a label configuration, but unfortunately I can'...
Hi,  I am using Appeon PowerBuilder 2019 R2 version, I built my exe and pbd with 64 bit Compilation. I am running as a batch program. My code uses ole object which will open MS Word application. I have installed Word 2016 in my machine.  My code wil...
Good night from Peru, dear appeon community.I want to develop a program, that it able show a clock and get hour,minute and second; when user press a button.The clock able be of two types: circle clock and digital clock.I'am using PB 17.Thanks....
For some reason, when I send a large amount of data from my cross tab dw, both PB 2017 and 2019 kick me out : dw_report.object.data = lw_cp_report_explorer.dw_report.object.data This code seems to work OK until I send it over 9K to 10K records or m...
getchild is an unsupported function, in the "Unsupported Feature Analysis Report", is there a workaround for getchild in a PFC pbl and all of the other unsupported items? Thank You...
Dear Appeon: in your multiple sample apps, what would be the basic MDI app? so i can learn the technique of building a new MDI app or converting an existing app to MDI? thank you. sasha  ...
Hi, all! I did deployment using the same project object. I didn't find exe file but all pbds were created. I was trying to save in the same directory another exe from previous deployment and I was asked if I want to replace existing one. It was hidd...
Hi,   I have a requirement that i need to export the datawindow into rtf word format with all design and data formating as like in datawindow. how i would do that?, Can you guide me.    ...
Hi,   Im still in the process of testing the powerbuilder app I recently migrated to web platform. I have this data window report that accepts 5 retrieval argument as specified with the Stored Procedure, but when i try the same report in the web pl...
Hello,We work with a report system that can be adapted and expanded independently of the program for the individual customer installations. For this purpose, the individual views are saved in the database as PSR files. Typical for these installations...
Good afternoon, I am showing images from a table with a DB Blob object in a Datawindows and in Client-Server mode it works without problems, but when deploying web the datawindows does not show the images, do you know what it could be? ?  ...

There are no discussions available here currently