Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
When try to deploy my application with the new PowerClient c/s deployment feature, after compiling the pbd files, deployment fails with the error message: Failed to split the PBD files Failed to publish the PowerClient app The app it's rather big....
I get several errors like this   19:53:12 Failed to parse UserObject pbdom_text. 19:53:12 00005: Failed to parse the source code. Line: 6 19:53:12 Failed to parse UserObject pbdom_processinginstruction. 19:53:12 00005: Failed to parse the source...
After adding my Workspace to source control (Git) the .pbg file is encoded as utf-8 with bom. When using OrcaScript to create a PBL from source, it fails with "Unable to process map file: c:\pb_test_build\app1.pbg". When I change the encoding t...
Trying to add the Appeon resize service to an app and struggling.  If I allow all objects within a window to be default resize state (don't use of_setflag to make any changes) then works fine.  But if I make any changes to lock a dw so that its x and...
PS 2020 WEB: In the IWA i have a user that just started getting a "failed to decompress the file.  Error Code: 13" what is error code 13?  how do you fix error code 13?    ...
We recently made the switch to Powerbuilder 2019 R2 and started building in 64 bit.    We have several programs that use external fucntion calls.   These now cause the program to crash when running the exe.   The IDE works but I believe that's becau...
Hi, I am using snapdevelop to convert from powerbuilder to C# api. Database used is Informix Version 12.10.FC13. I have converted one of the data windows(C# model) and created model,as well as scaffolded the retrieve method by adding data context w...
Hi, I have to print two Datawindows in one PrintJob for printing on both sites. How can I do that?     Thanks...
I recently upgraded PowerBuilder 2019 build 2082 to PowerBuilder 2019 R2 build 2353. Since doing so my application crashes. Nothing else changed. It runs fine in PowerBuilder debug mode, so that hasn't helped me find the issue. The version built in 2...
I'm not sure if this forum is appropriate and, if not, then I apologize in advance. I am seeking an independent PB software developer or small PB shop to take over the maintenance of my classic PB application for medical staffing.  I want to be remo...
Can someone please try to solve it ? ExtractorObject lnv_extractor lnv_extractor = Create ExtractorObject ahttpclient.GetResponsebody(lb_Body) li_ret = lnv_extractor.Extract(lb_body, lb_Extr, ArchiveFormatGZip!)   li_ret =1 whisch is good when ...
HI,  I try the PB 2019 R3 Build 2556 Runtime 19.2.0.2556 before install this version this code work oleobject loo_excelloo_excel = create oleobjectll_rc=loo_excel.connecttonewobject("excel.application")loo_excel.visible=false//loo_excel.workbooks.o...
Hi all, I developed some appliactions in PB6. From then I worked in .NET C#. Now I have to maintain some applications in PB2017/19. I have few questions. I do like intellisense in C#, code completion, .... . In PB even in 2019 is still Intellisens...
I am running Powerbuilder 2019 R1 Build 2170 at a customer currently and haven't had any problems until now. I am using a Windows 10 VDI ( remote virtual desktop ) to do my work and I believe that the technical team for my customer released some so...
With the new beta, compiling a program creates an .xml file. I was able to run an application after deleting the .xml file so I am wondering, what is it's purpose and is it ever required?...
Hello, I have a datawindow with column with Arabic characters, when I do dw.SaveAs PDF!, it looks like the arabic characters are changed its order in resulting .pdf file, however when I print the same dw on PDF printer - Arabic characters look the s...
Hello and good day to all!   We are attempting to implement encryption in transit for our client server application.  I have searched the web and Appeon's Q&A and only found 1 discussion on setting up encryption in transit - it was for SQL Serv...
Hi All, Once trigger application from login page, I am trying to execute some components it will immediately revert back to login page again. It is happening only some specific security patch updates done ins PC. If I removed it is working. I can...
Can someone tell me what is the dll that must be distributed to put the date format in Spanish. string (date, 'dd-mmmm-yyyy'). I mean the name of the month in Spanish.   Thank you ...
Hi, I make a PowerClient C/S app, for the aplications that I have, before when I make the Compile (exe), all the icon of aplications estay in a one directory, in one file icon.pbr I put the path of each icon, now I need copy the icons in each direcc...

There are no discussions available here currently