Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi ,Friends, I have an application in modules, each module is an executable that I invoke with run (ss.exe, user, password); as deploy grouped all  the  .exe in the taskbar best Regards,  ...
I am trying to figure out how to dynamically adjust the height of an object within info-maker, when i have auto-size on a column which expands the row is there a way to match the size on an object?  In the example below i am trying to adjust the gre...
Hello All, we have a working mobile app that capture a picture and save it to the database (using the appeon_workspace.pbl) it works with no problems we have only one issue we can not control the resolution of the picture and in same cases the imag...
Hello, We have a requirement connect Powerbuilder 6.5 with Oracle19c database. Currently, we are using connect Powerbuilder with 6.5 with Oracle 10g. it's a migration requirement at the oracle client end. is it possible to connect Powerbuilder 6....
I currently use an OLE object to view Microsoft Word and Excel documents inside my application.  I would also like to view MSG files that have been saved from Outlook.   Does anyone know if this is possible with an OLE object?  If not, any suggestio...
I am running PowerBuilder 2017 R3. I am writing a routine that retrieves a link to a file that the user selects by clicking on a row in a datawindow. It is supposed to open the file dialog and save the file where ever the user selects. The link works...
PB2019R2Windows 10, 64 bit platformSummary:   The dw.ImportFile() command is returning -15 on files less that 100K in sizeDetails:   This commnd is part of the simple, one PBL utility we've been testing as the first converted code from PBv12.1.    We...
Hi PB users, Some client start to speak about Modern authentication with Microsoft Office. Originally, the cutoff date for Basic Authentication was supposed to be October 2020. However, due to COVID-19, Microsoft has decided to push back this date u...
There's some good articles on using GIT with PB2017 R2, but I haven't been able to find anything specific for PB2019.  PB2017 R2 required using the PBG file and storing the PBLs.  My understanding is that we no longer need the PBG file and no longer ...
Hello All, I want to create a DICOM image viewer in PowerBuilder . Could you please advise how to do that ?  Is it possible without using any external SDK/API ? I have found out few SDK like  LEADTOOLS PACS imaging SDK but this one is very costly. ...
A manually added resize event with event id 'pgm_size' on a Custom Visual object behaviors differently on a window between Powerbuilder 12 and Appoen Powerbuilder 2019R2 beta: In Powerbuilder 2019R2 Beta: This resize event is triggered even before c...
  Hello, friends: We have powerserver 2020, and thre web applications in production. The apps run fine, but some users decided to Change scaling settings (Text size, app, and other items) to 125%, 150%, since laptops were given. As a result, all ...
Hi, Recently i have migrated PB 8 to 19 version. In code im getting symbols while converting blob to string.So i have converted to encodingANSI! format in many places.. it is working fine.but in one place im struggling. please help me. //sItemDIN =...
Buenas Noches  Recientemente estamos trabajando con base de datos en MYSQL y hemos migrado nuestra aplicación a la WEB pero muestra el siguiente mensaje de error, cuando lo probamos en el IDE de PB  con ODBC no tenemos problemas. FUENTE DE DATOS AE...
We have recently changed our datawindow savas methods to XLSX! from Excel8! This works fine except for one report. It is an external datawindow and when we save it as XLSX! it then throws an error: We are looking for an answer and haven't been able...
So I have a C# dll I am already calling from PowerBuilder by compiling it as an Active/X control. Most calls return a class containing a number of variables and the PowerBuilder .Net Dll Importer can't handle these, ignoring them completely. So this...
I am trying to streamline our build process and in particular preventing as much as possible full rebuilds. In our CI we use pbc190 compiler to compile from source code. What I observe is that even when I use the /i flag instead of /f, thus expecting...
Hi there Is there any more information available on using the .net importer tool, any example work throughs or anything like that= showing from start to finish importing and using would be awesome Has anyone successfully used it and got an example ...
Hi,  I think i am missing something quite simple here so hopefully someone will be able help. What is the best approach to handling the transaction time out on powerserver web I have an application that works perfectly, but if the user enters all ...
I've got a logo of my local government organization from www.cab.lt and I want to use in a datawindow print form, however when I try to export it using NativePDF image gets all pixelated and I can not find a way keep the quality.  Initial image: ...

There are no discussions available here currently