Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Currently support a PB 2019 R2 application that has OLE to Word (50+ templates with bookmarks)  and looking to eliminate the dependency on Word.exe     Is the new PB 2019 OEM text editor control a replacement solution for WORD templates w/bookmarks...
I'm trying out the Powerclient.   I need to setup an environment that checks the server for updates every time a user starts the application.   What is to prevent a user from pinning the resulting exe... then when they start it, it will just run the ...
Hi all, my JAWS saga continues.    1) I can't get JAWS to recognize dddws in a datawindow.  I've tried playing with the accessible options on the other tab with no success.  Is there a secret to using dddws, or is the secret to not use them? 2) I'...
Hi all,   I have a Userobject which contains several objects including, datawindow, userobjects tab etc. and I would like to capture a function key (regardless of the object I am positioned on within the main userobject) to throw an event. If I use...
I'm exporting data from a Datawindow and saving it in excel. The following is the code that does that.   value = GetFileSaveName("Save Report as", & docname, named, "xls", &" Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls") IF value = 1 THEN dw_1.Saveas(docN...
We are having trouble using the DwNet.Data and SnapObjects.Data and having trouble with Mapping.Method, when using the PowerBuilder RestClient.Submit.  The Mapping.Method is set to 0 and this is causing problems with the processing of the json.  Look...
{KomentoDisable}xxss Buenas tardes,  alguien que me ayude, indicándome porque al convertir el datawindow en snapdevelop me esta dando este error: ...
We have signature capture working in previous 32bit versions of Powerbuilder and when I debug the signature capture window in PB2019 it still works. . But when I build the 64bit app to be deployed, the call to the OCX fails. What do I need to fix t...
The application freezes when opened the first time and after force closing, it works without any issues on the same module.  From the Windows Log, got the below error message Faulting module name: PBSHR190.dll, version: 19.0.0.2170, time stamp: 0x5...
Hola buenos días.   Alguien me podría ayudar con los pasos necesarios para implementar un servicio web en el servidor appeon web, si tienen alguna guía efectiva les agradecería mucho.    ...
Hi, everyone. Many of our customers are requiring the implementation of such security protocols as HSTS, X-Frame-Options, etc., in our Appeon Web applications. How does PowerServer manage these elements?...
What will happen when the next major version comes out? Will PB190.EXE only work with 2019 builds? Will there be a PB210.EXE for PB 2021 (assuming that is the next major)?  ...
Hi, I am new to power builder, have some query1) To capture db logs, enable DB trace options in *.ini file and database logs are capturing successfully. But every time logging in application it shows popup dialog to start & capture logs. I had ...
Hi all,   we have the problem, that pdf export (nativepdf) works fine on our developing machine, but not on customers computer. Which file have I to install on customers computer, so he can use this function too? thanks in advance Martin...
Hi Appeon Community   I have donwload Powerbuilder 2019 R2 Edition for trial  version. I created one application in powerbuilder  with database on Azure cloud. I am able to connect my azure SQL server database on cloud with SQL native client driver...
Hello All, I am trying to pull the encrypted value from the .ini file (Configuration file) file and decrypt it using Base64Encode and Base64Decode. I successfully captured the encrypted value, but when I am trying to Decrypt it, I am not getting the...
I have a DW with 5 or 6 buttons with different background color. In the dw object the buttons display the way they were intended. When I create a window and insert a DW control with the DW object in it the background color in the buttons become grey....
I've built application which create Trace file with code TraceOpen( ls_trace_path, Clock! ) TraceEnableActivity(ActProfile!) TraceBegin ( "app" ) When this code runs in PowerBuilder enviroment with checked "Enabled Tracing" in "System Option" the...
Is there a command line switch for a "silent install" (setup.exe) that accepts the settings in config.xml to allow for unattended/automated deployments (want to deploy to multiple servers). I've tried running with switches and it basically does noth...
  TO I ask for help from seniors who use Power Builder. I am so beginner I am ashamed to ask questions here. The question is;1. I imported the DLL I want to use through the .NET DLL IMPORTER.2. And the imported DLL was reflected in NVO on th...

There are no discussions available here currently