Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
We have some reports in an application that were designed for landscape mode. However, we realized that in some circumstances (program options) they can be changed to portrait mode, which we think most people prefer. So we added a bunch of DW expres...
PB 2019 R2 Build 2279 We have a problem using application roles with ODBC driver for SQL Server and the SELECTBLOB function: First we connect to the sql database using "ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server" (or 13), then we activate application role by ex...
A couple developers have asked whether the executable can be created without the TSAWARE flag not set. When an application is not Terminal Server aware (also known as a legacy application), Terminal Server makes certain modifications to the legacy a...
Hello, i have something weird with the debugger. The debugger cannot resolve the datatypeof the datawindow(Picture 1). If i leave out the full hierarchy and  only use dw the debugger is able to resolve it (Picture 2) I tested it in another Window...
Dear Appeon: i need to access a web site from my PBL app. i need to open this web site and forget about it, no return to my app. i thought (naively) that a simple call similar to  run(iexplore  https://www.google.com/) would do it. but nothing ...
WEBCONTROL: is it possible to subscribe to events of this control? For example interact with google maps and receive notifications from the browser?...
Hi  I downloaded 2019 R2 cloud trial version for testing. I try to migrate Powerscript into C#.  According to APPEON tutorials, I found out that the trial version is missing "Generate C# Models". What caused this problem. Please refer to attached fi...
Hi. Our current development environment is currently being migrated to AWS cloud. Instead of using PB installed on local workstations, developers will be working on Windows 10 instances within Amazon EC2. We're currently using PB2017R3, but will soon...
Good day! I'm trying to create a ribbonmenu out of the current menu I have in our application and I'm running into a couple of errors.  I'm using Bruce's ribbon bar menu generator in code exchange and the IDE is showing an error in the code. '"' is...
I am looking at SQL Central (SQL AnyWhere 17). When a PB Client Server application connect there is only one connection and show different "Last Request Type" during the life of the connection, Fetching, Close.  Once the CS application close the data...
Hello: we have a big PB project with more than 300 pbl's, that is compiled every week. Each PBL is compiled into the corresponding PBD file. Sometimes we need to compile a single PBD file to correct some bug before the total weekly compilation.  ...
I am using an OLE Control to view an Excel Document in my application.   ole_excel.insertfile(as_filename) I have the DisplayType set to "Displayascontent!" This will load the excel file's first tab/page into the control, but I cannot see any othe...
Our software includes a Log-a-Call item.  If clicked, this item opens a browser window and navigates to the page on our site where clients may enter support calls. For various reasons, management has tasked us to revise this functionality.  Instea...
Hi ,Friends, I have an application in modules, each module is an executable that I invoke with run (ss.exe, user, password); as deploy grouped all  the  .exe in the taskbar best Regards,  ...
I am trying to figure out how to dynamically adjust the height of an object within info-maker, when i have auto-size on a column which expands the row is there a way to match the size on an object?  In the example below i am trying to adjust the gre...
Hello All, we have a working mobile app that capture a picture and save it to the database (using the appeon_workspace.pbl) it works with no problems we have only one issue we can not control the resolution of the picture and in same cases the imag...
Hello, We have a requirement connect Powerbuilder 6.5 with Oracle19c database. Currently, we are using connect Powerbuilder with 6.5 with Oracle 10g. it's a migration requirement at the oracle client end. is it possible to connect Powerbuilder 6....
I currently use an OLE object to view Microsoft Word and Excel documents inside my application.  I would also like to view MSG files that have been saved from Outlook.   Does anyone know if this is possible with an OLE object?  If not, any suggestio...
I am running PowerBuilder 2017 R3. I am writing a routine that retrieves a link to a file that the user selects by clicking on a row in a datawindow. It is supposed to open the file dialog and save the file where ever the user selects. The link works...
PB2019R2Windows 10, 64 bit platformSummary:   The dw.ImportFile() command is returning -15 on files less that 100K in sizeDetails:   This commnd is part of the simple, one PBL utility we've been testing as the first converted code from PBv12.1.    We...

There are no discussions available here currently