Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
EAServer 6.3.1 I need to setup a database connection (connection cache in 5.x) for a SQL Anywhere 11 database located on the same PC as EAServer. I plan on creating some components using PowerBuilder 12.6 that connect to the database. I'm also gett...
Okay, back again.... seems that PB as real attitude with me.. :O)   When I am inserting a row into the table I get the following error: - SQLSTATE = 42000--Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0--INSERT failed because the following SET options ha...
Hi everybody: Need to upgrade to PowerServer 2019 in order to be able to deploy apps on Android 8.1.0 and higher. My current production environment: Development machine: - Appeon PowerBuilder Universal Edition 2017 R3 Build 1858- PowerServer Tool...
Hi everyone, As I read in other questions, the LOWERED! BORDER in the DataWindow column does not work in the PowerBuilder 2017 R3 1880 version. Although we can see it in the design of the DataWindow when the DataWindow is seen from the window the co...
We are moving a Powerbuilder 2017 R3 application into Powerserver. While doing this, we encountered this issue.  1. We have an mdi frame window with a status bar that sits in the lower right hand corner. We applied an Appeon workaround that moves t...
We have recently migrated our source code from PB 11.5 Build 3050 to PB2017r2. Clients are complaining that the software is now taking considerably longer to open than before (32 seconds in PB 11.5 and 2 minutes 23 seconds in PB2017). There are no co...
Hi guys,   We have implemented a solution where our app is checking for the existence of txt files in a certain folder. Another application is sending to us TXT files , which we need to process and delete when done.   We used the Dirlist method...
I have PowerServer 2017 WorkGroup running in our production Environment. 6 Apps are working Perfect. I installed the new Powerserver 2019 in my Test Enviroment. Deploy the 6 Apps from Appeon Powerbuilder 2017. No errors in the deployment process. I...
Hello, How can we do a WCAG / 508 compliance check on our Appeon Web application? Any auto checker tool that we can use? Thanks, Jon...
Windows Server 2019 was released back in October 2018.  Is this version of Windows supported as a platform for the Powerbuilder runtime?...
Hello All, i'm following this link:http://brucearmstrong.sys-con.com/node/1668463/mobilewe have the component deploy and the regasm returns the following entries  [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PowerB.PowerB]@="PowerB.PowerB" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PowerB.PowerB\...
I am about to Upgrade Our production PowerServer 2017 to PowerServer 2019. I Install PowerServer 2019 trial version in our Test Server and deploy all the app to it. The deploy work perfect. I have not test the app in the mobile devices. I will be d...
Hi, When exporting an object, Powerbuilder places the sr* “apparently” in c:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\Powerbuilder. At least that’s what you can see in the file save dialog. With explorer, it just didn’t exist. It took me ages to find it, b...
I will like to find out how to send a Text thru a mobile app. I will appreciate an advice or direct me to a document/Sample to learn how to code it. Every time I think I know a little bit, I find my self asking more questions. I appreciate all you...
A blast from the past! Say you have a component that is not part of a transaction, where would you put the code to connect to the connection cache? The activate event? Within each public function? A function called from each public function?  ...
Hi would appreciate some help with an error I get ever since going to PB17. When using Nant.exe to build an MSI package I get a R6034 error related to the MS Visual C++ runtime library.   Wondered if anyone could help with a way around this issu...
We are planning to Powerserver toolkit for deploying application in web , we want to understand if Powservern toolkit build can run by Jenkins ....
Hello I have an application in PB 2017 R3 1880 and the APPCRASH error is often showing and the system stops working. It only happens on some PCs. Operating System: Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (32 and b4 bits)   Firma con problemas: Nomb...
It appears that Powerserver does not support the dynamic calling of functions with a parameter that is of type reference.   What happens is that when that variable is populated in the calling function, it is passed back as null ( like it was disca...
Downloaded R3 trial version and tried to compile Kodigo OpenExplorer from below SF link. https://sourceforge.net/projects/kodigo/ Re-compiled canvas.pbx using VS2015 and PBNI libs from PB2017 R3, imported the PBX in the PBL , removed fcxpbni.pbd an...

There are no discussions available here currently