Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Issue: An application crash occurs when a Close or CloseWithReturn of the parent window is invoked either directly or indirectly from the DoubleClicked or Clicked event of the MonthCalendar control. Background: We currently use a really old Active...
I am trying to install PowerServer in a machine where a Trial Version was installed the installation works perfect but when i open the AEM i have a message in the login with this text "Invalid Hash Code"...
Hi all,   I want to import this XML string to a dw : this is the xml string : 1Status > Message accepted successfullyDescription> 1NumberOfRecipients> Result>   I cant get it done . I have build an external dw with the same columns names :...
In the latest patch for PowerBuilder 2017 R3 (Build 1880), Appeon addressed the numerous problems with the rich text control by reverting back to the previous TX Text Control. This was a huge relief to our organization which has dealt with these rich...
I'm with this problem when trying use SVN Native.Failed to perform the specified operation. Please make sure you can connect to the server repository....
Hello Chris, I have a problem with the IDE, version 2017 R3 build 1858. It happens that being in debug mode, in any part of the code, the system hangs. The error is not constant, so I deduce that it is not due to an error in the code. In addition, th...
Hi all, Just looking for any advice on potentially moving our deployments from 32 bit machine code to 64 bit pcode. Are there any benefits in going to 64 bit and does anyone know of any issues or pitfalls that might arise from moving to 64 bit or p...
I have my PowerBuilder app sitting on monitor #2. If I connect to my laptop (with Remote Desktop) from another one that only has one monitor, I am finding it impossible to access the app. Non PowerBuilder apps seem to notice the change and shift ove...
Buenas tardes a todos:   Tengo la licencia de Power Builder 2017R3, necesito hacer una consulta desde un celular Android, Pero necesito hacer Uso de los  5 Usuarios que vienen con Power Builder 2017R3, cuales serian los pasos a Seguir.   Att Car...
In the file explorer you can select "copy" from the context menu. How can we simulate this with powerbuilder? I would like to know the Global External windows function.    ...
I have an app that I run in development.  I get to the 1st screen after logging in.  Whenever I go there(or further in app) and then close,  I get the Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R3 has stopped working' and then I click the 'Close Program' button. This...
Powerbuilder application deployed to Citrix works great, except connecting to Excel file. I am using ODBC to connect to excel file to import data into datawindow, this works great on desktop but in Citrix client C: drive becomes \\Client\c$. getting ...
Hi PB Team,I am trying to get my head around what the benefits would be for using PB C# objects in a future .net core 2 web site being planned.  I am planning on using razor pages without using the entity framework. I am not a fan of LINQ so was plan...
Hi; I'm using PF2017 R3 Build 1858, deploying to PowerServer via IIS, using Oracle instant client 18.3 64 bit, running in Chrome 74.0.3729.131 64 bit. The transaction object uses a dynamic connection to log on. When a client logs in we test to see ...
Hello all, which releases of Subversion server and TortoiseSVN are certified to be used with latest Powerbuilder?   Thanks, Herbert...
Hi Expert,   I am using PowerBuilder 12.5 Classic need to consume a RESTFUL service. If anybody have the same experiences, then please guide me. Is it possible to use of MSXML OLE object? If yes how to do it? I would highly appreciate all your a...
hello guru I'm playing with Webservices and in particular with the framework: STD_FC_WebService_Framework. Given that there is a uo_interface and a uo_controller, is it possible to have another uo_xxxxx with the related methods? I have to convert ...
Dears, In my Application, am using dynamic datawindow creation along with the sql, also creating compute  & text (for heading) column dynamically for displaying "row" number using "getrow()" function, In web and Client server it is working fine, whe...
this is after the april set of windows updates that I've just noticed a whole bunch of slowness coming from the the ide. a simple cut and paste of text will take 10 seconds. the screen seems to be refreshing/drawing really slowly for some reason. i'...
Hi there, I've finally decided to migrate to PowerBuilder Universal to take advatage of powerserver to move my pb app to the web/mobile.In less than a week i've been able to create a little framework and move a simple order entry written in pb to the...

There are no discussions available here currently