Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Downloaded R3 trial version and tried to compile Kodigo OpenExplorer from below SF link. https://sourceforge.net/projects/kodigo/ Re-compiled canvas.pbx using VS2015 and PBNI libs from PB2017 R3, imported the PBX in the PBL , removed fcxpbni.pbd an...
I am trying to automatically format the email body text, separating  the lines with a carriage return. It just to be the caracter ♀, but it does not work. I try ~r and it does not work either.  Could you please give me an advice or direct me in the r...
Has anyone gone through a database conversion from Sybase 16 to Oracle 12c? Can you off advice in: 1) The way you setup schemas in Oracle? 2) Stored Procedure Conversion? 3) Datawindows that use Stored Procedures as the source? 4) Any general ad...
Hello All, I was looking for Appeon Mobile Workspace in Play Store and can not find it anymmore. Was it removed it or is down for a moment only?...
I want a Mobile App to generate a PDF File and used the email account of the device to send an email. I will like to provide the email address, Subject, body text and the PDF Attachment. (I know how to do it in a Window the SMTP email But I guest Mob...
I have an App in development (about to put it in production). It was working perfectly fine. No changes to any window or dw nor anything else and now as soon I double tab in a row to open a detail window Appeon Workspace closes abruptly.  Here the c...
Hi, I'm hoping somebody can educate me on the difference between the following actions below.  I've reviewed a bunch of documentation but its wasn't very definitive if you should do a Full Build before executing the Deploy. Powerbuilder 2017 R2 - Cl...
Hi All Appeon Experts, We have been developing Desktop Apps for a significant number of years and have started developing Appeon Mobile Apps to compliment these over the last 2-3 years.  To date our Deskptop and Mobile App codebase have been kept in...
Hi Guys  anyone has already experienced a send tweet ?  Thanks...
Hello, how Powerbuilder desides, in which menu to display list of opened sheets? We have MDI application with a standard menu (File, Actions, Window, Help). List of opened sheets was in menu Window. We added one item to the right of the menu (File,...
start study power builder appeon web server ...
Hi.   I've managed to create a Git repo in Azure Devops and have pushed all my source to it. It's still in testing, but I want to apply this to the whole team. But we're using DevOps as our scrum tool, and we create user stories and tasks for all...
Hi All, We are considering to go the Powerserver web/mobile i.e to have our desktop application on web / mobile. Our fears are if the following related codes will continue to run; 1. Excel oleobject (We depend on the object very much) 2. Some dll...
Is there a 64-bit version of pborca.lib? I am using PowerBuilder 2017 (the DLLs all have "170" in the name) and the pborca.lib in the ORCA SDK directory is a 32-bit library. ...
Hi Everyone, By performing a test, I realized that the function FindRequired for DataWindows has different behavior in Powerbuilder classic than Appeon WEB when it comes to RadioButtons. First, RadioButtons do not allow the required property to turn...
Hi there   I use the tab control in quite a few of my applications - I am currently running 2017 R2 I normally set the background of each tab to a different colour and set the tab part the same colour.  PLease see the attached picture I am sure I...
i have a pb app runing on windows server2008 R2 64bit when i use the PB "RUN" function it returns 1 but nothing is run when debugging and copying the run string parameter to cmd prompt of server it runs successfully i even made the app create a ba...
hi, I am new to PB and trying to see if I can get some answers to the pretty basic questions. I have a requirement to a add value to the existing dropdown list of values. I am not sure if this is hard coded in the code or the value driven from DB. C...
Hi, About a year ago I asked about possibility of using RESTful web services in Mobile Apps/PowerServer. At that time Chris said that:"The new RESTful web services in PB2017R2 are not supported in PowerServer Web/Mobile.Support for RESTful web serv...
I'm trying to install the 1880 update for PB, but the installer is telling me it can't determine the version of PB.  What is needed for it to move past this.  ...

There are no discussions available here currently