Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi All,   I am trying to write file in PB. This is code I am using when I open the file. li_ascii_file_num = FileOpen(is_sds_ascii_file, LineMode!, Write!, LockWrite!, Replace!)   I write the file and read the file within the code this works fi...
PowerBuilder 12.1, b7055Oracle 12CWindows 10 64 bit platform hosted on CitrixWe're getting a brand new error as of today: Any idea what might be causing this? Thanks, Olan...
hi I am using this code : Integer dw_control.ExpandAll( ) to expand my treevieuw It works perfect in Powerbuilder desktop version, but as soon as I used in my mobile app it will nog work on a mobile Any suggestions...
Hi Team, I have PowerBuilder 2017 R3 installed in my machine as well I have PowerBuilder 12.5 in my machine. When I was running application from migrated source code in PowerBuilder 2017 (from source code), I am getting "Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R3 ...
Good Day! I have migrated my PB 2017 R3 application to PB 2019 Beta Build 2002.  Functions like ShareData and InsertRow are returning 0, not 1 nor -1. All the steps leading up to these calls succeed and look fine compared to 2017. Any ideas?  Tha...
Buen día, desde Perú, podrías ayudarme por favor, mira eh subido el apk pero con un proyecto demo lo mas básico la cual no tiene mas que una consulta, luego el subido para publicarlo en PlayStored de Google (console de google). me pega este err...
I just received a new Win 10 machine (yuck) for work.  Got PB 2017 R2 Build 1769 installed no problem.  I'll worry about moving to new versions when I have time.  Right now, I have some stuff to do that can't wait, but first, a goofy problem. On eve...
Hello, I haven't found any reported issues with the isDate() function, so I'm posting here to see if others experience the same results before I submit this as an Appeon defect. It appears that the isDate() function will return FALSE when the Windo...
Sorry for my newbie question, I suppose as I could not find similar questions about encoding.   My case is, 1. Chinese character can be retrieved and updated to/from database with correct encoding in PB app, 2. Chinese character can be retrieved ...
Hello, With powerbuilder ,how can i do a digital signature in a pdf ( with a .pfx file ) with pdf creator or other ?   thanx  ...
Does PowerBuilder 2017R3 support Oracle 18c ? If not, what is the time frame (version) that will? Thanks!...
Hi Appeon powerbuilder team,   We have a desktop power builder application where we recently tried to convert to web. We faced some errors which we cant track of. I copied and pasted few errors from the UFA report: Error1: Admin_misc.pbl\w_column...
Hello, I'm installing PB2017R3 on Windows 10 64 bit where PB12.5 has been installed with SQLAnywere 12 64 bit. However, when the installer comes to the step about SQLAnywhere, it does not list the installed engine and I don't see any way of selectin...
Please, urgent help! The packaging process of the Powerserver toolkit for a Web application stopped working (it had worked well so far). I successfully completed the full deployment of the application on the local server and the application runs wit...
Hi, is there possibility to export my report code to SRD file and be able to edit is and after editing to import code (SRD file) into report? Thanks Pavel Matula  ...
Hi all ,   My client wants an Interface to a GIS system .  The GIS system has an API with 2 functions : 1.  PinPoint()            =  sending me the location which the user Points ( Jason file ) 2. LocateAndZoom() = mark a location wich were give...
I'm calling a server side program from a PB 2017 desktop app and getting a different result using HTTPClient verses my WinHTTP code example. The response text returned by HTTPClient is often short, truncating a few characters off the end. I run the ...
Hi everyone, Is there a possibility to connect to the AEM database from C# in a component for PowerBuilder? The idea is to generate access keys that will be associated with an AEM session, therefore I must know the ID of a session in AEM and whether...
PBv12.1, build 7055Windows 7, 64 bit platformOracle 12C databaseI'm running the application from the IDE and I get to this line of code:          ls_liblist = GetLibraryList ()The session hangs for a couple of seconds, then aborts; it just vanishes.A...
How to connect PB2017 R3 to source code TFS in Visual Studio 2017? We are planning to use TFS in Visual Studio 2019 but, as far as I know, MSSCCI does not work in Visual Studio versions later than 2013....

There are no discussions available here currently