Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi all, Getting this error when debbuging the Web app: "03502: PBL files have been changed. Please re-deploy the application under the debug mode." I re-deployed as suggested but error persists. App configuration: I did Full build in Powerbuild...
Hi   I have a user object containing a datawindow which is a source for a drag and drop The drop is supposed to occur in either another datawindow in the same object or in a datawindow in another window. When the drag begin I show/hide some objec...
Hi. I just upgraded from PB2017R2 to PB2017R3. When starting the Powerbuilder Runtime Packager to create a PBCLTRT170.msi for me, it fails with the error you see attached. It does not depend on the options (32/64-bit) I choose. Can anybody help me?...
I am trying to create a new data window by sourcing an Oracle Stored procedure. The stored procedure has compiled and been tested using Oracle SQL Developer. It runs fine. However when i try to create a data window it throws a Date Error before i can...
Hi to all I am creating a new app with a docking interface. I am opening some sheets as tabs with OpenSheetAsDocument. For some sheets i don't want to open another instance of the sheet every time but instead activate it if it is already opened. How...
Hi, I am doing POC of big project. I have downloaded trial version and did migration of code. while running application it shows me text everywhere "Trial". So Do I need to remigrate code once again upon purchasing standard license or already migrat...
Hello Team, I am getting following response data from method GetResponseBody after a success call of HTTPClient sendRequest method.    I wrote below codes li_rc = lnv_HttpClient.sendrequest('POST',ls_url, ls_body)li_StatusCode = lnv_HttpClient.Ge...
Hi, I have a report as below. I would like to automatically add number in each group header in No. X where X will be 1,2,3,4.etc...Is this possible? Regards,Marcin...
We are having a strange issue. Users are retrieving a data window with about 70 columns and before you ask, yes they need all these for tax research. Also, the number of records that must be retrieved is around 250K and yes, they need all these recor...
If I have a PDF file in a blob variable, is there a way to display it without writing it to a file? Currently I am writing to a file and displaying it in the WebBrowser control.  ...
Hi Appeon Team,   I created an executable of an application. The application uses rich text control which works well when i run the application with power-builder IDE but if i run the executable  It says "Failed to create the control. Please confir...
I did a filter on some names, some of which started with "A" or other capital letters, and some of which started with "a", where the filter expression was: name > 'a' It selected all of those names. If that was case sensitive, like I thought DW exp...
Hello Team, We are migrating our application from PB12.5.2 to PB2017 R3 version to support TLS12. using existing SOAP service. Due to budjetc and other factors, we are not migrating from SOAP to RestFul service. I have mentioned below the codes in ...
Dear Appeon:     As Devops has become the trend of development, Is there any practice on Powerbuilder continue integration base on Microsoft devops (derive from TFS and AZure), I found a sample of Jenkins and Git, but our company want to solution on...
Hello, short question: What is the best practice to configure GIT if you have your PBLs in more then one directory? Situation: We keep all PBLs from a project in its project directory. But there are some other common used PBLs (like the PFC), whi...
Hi all please help me..   I create the exe in pb 17 but when i run the exe then login window is open then i submit my credintial then it is ok but after login , my workspace size is decrease or not maximixe automatically , there is need to manuall...
Is it possible to change the number of rows in a Datawindows when it is in query mode ? ty...
Hi, Recently we migrated our application from PB12.5 to PB2017 R3 in order to support TLS1.2. We are following easySOAP method and connecting SOAP based webservice. Due to lots of efforts and budget we are not converting SOAP webservice to REstful s...
I just noticed that if I have a column in a DW with a DDDW edit type, and a tooltip defined, when that column has the focus (so the entry in it appears selected) hovering the mouse over it will not pop up the tooltip. Hovering the mouse over its drop...
Hi. Is there any documentation of the parameters for the stand alone compiler pbc170? Thanks. Rolf...

There are no discussions available here currently