Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi Guru Pbd are interpreted code DLL are c-compiled code A simple question: What are the reasons why I should choose a compile in "machine code" and not in "PCode", or vice versa. (in addition to DLL will execute script code faster ) thank you...
We have about 4 App deployed to Appeon PowerServer 2017 Build 1756.00 working with iOS and Android. Everything was working perfect, until Appeon WorkSpace released a new version of Workspace into Apple Store(I do not want to be disrespectful. I do n...
(PB 2017 R3 build 1858 / Windows 10 ) From an httpclient object I receive JSON strings  that I need to parse.  They may be quite complicated with deeply nested structures. My first problem is to parse NULL values. My preliminary code looks like th...
As per someone's advice here I'm using the StripRTF() datawindow function to display plain text values from a RichText source. This works fine in my development environment, but in a deployed application this column is blank. I immediately thought th...
PB 2017 R3 1858 Windows 10/64b I refer to the local help browser triggered by F1 from Powerbuilder classic IDE. When clicking on hyperlinks on topics new to this version of PB, I get the error message: "Cannot connect to this page check if the we...
This is true on multiple developer machines here where PB 2017 R3 Universal has been installed, yet I've not been able to find anyone else mentioning it here on the forums. (Admittedly, the search terms aren't very selective.) All incoming links int...
Hello, I have a char(2000) column in a datawindow that uses the EditMask edit style with an edit mask of 2000 'X's. However, I cannot enter more than 255 characters in it. I tried this in PB12.5 and PB17r3. I could not find any information about a l...
Greeting all. appeon pb 2017r2 Amazon>Aurora>MySql database. Trying to make a connection to it using JDBC ( i think i got right driver ) Having trouble creating pb db profile to build stored procedure based datawindow and also look up correct con...
Hi all, I am making some tests with Git and PB2017R3. I created a repo on a Server with Bonobo Git. On my machine I built a new workspace & target with just one PBL and pushed it on Git, all OK. Each object shows a green bullet which means the obje...
I have a PowerBuilder 12.6 application that connects to DB2 through odbc.   This all worked on Windows 7 .   My environment has now changed to Window10 and I am using a trial version of PowerBuilder 2017 R3.  I modified the pbodb170 ini for DB2 the P...
Bonjour. actuellement, j'utilise Crystal XI en RDC (OLE Control) pour produire des éditions (Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer Control 11.5). Crystal 2016 n'utilise plus le RDC mais uniquement .NET. Est-ce que quelqu'un a une solution technique pour c...
Hi all I just wanted to find out if anyone else has run into a similar issue as mine, and if so, how to get around this. I am doing development on an app which was originally written in Powerbuilder 8, and which interacts with a serial device via C...
Hello everyone,  We have an Appeon web case when we enable and disable a button in several windows. The button is disabled when opening the window, then when we select or fill a field the button does not enable, but its appearance changes as if it w...
Dear PB Community, We migrated our application to PB 2017 (from PB12) recently and for DB connectivity(SQL Server 2016), we rely on SQL native client. As a prerequisite, customers have to install SQL Server 2008 R2 client in their machine to success...
Hello, I'm creating a Chocolatey package for the standalone PowerBuilder Compiler (PBC). The goal is to silently install PBC on hosted agents for our automated build process in Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS). I generated an InstallShield response file...
I get the "Failed to get NLS_LANG charset ID " when I try to connect to Oracle. I tried adding a Local NLS_LANG in my Registry but still no go. I installed the oracle Client in 32 bits, and dont work, for PB 2017. What can i do? Thank you for the he...
I want to deploy an ERP system developed in Powerbuilder 2017 on the web. Appeon's solution is to use PowerServer which has the severe limitation of working only with Windows clients (IE, Firefox on Windows pc) only. How do I make the application ava...
Hi everyone, I noticed that if I use a MountCalendar Object I have the option to set the first day of the week, but if I use an EditMask DropDownCalendar I have no option to change this property. There is a way to change that? Best Regards, Oscar ...
Hi Everyone,   Does anyone faced any performance issue with Power Builder 2017 R3 on Windows 2008 OS?   Thanks...
Hello everyone,   Can we upgrade our PowerServer Enterprise Edition & Workgroup Edition to 2017 R3 1880? We are working with PowerServer Enterprise Edition & Workgroup Edition to 2017 R3 1858 and we don't find the new update.   Best Regards, Osc...

There are no discussions available here currently