1. Clarence Chamorro
  2. PowerServer Mobile (Obsolete)
  3. Friday, 19 April 2019 23:14 PM UTC

I am about to Upgrade Our production PowerServer 2017 to PowerServer 2019.

I Install PowerServer 2019 trial version in our Test Server and deploy all the app to it. The deploy work perfect.

I have not test the app in the mobile devices. I will be doing that tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure somebody answer this question before but I can not find it.

Any Advice in the Upgrading PowerServer to 2019? 

Is there any instruction document how to do the Upgrade?

Is it an upgrade or I have to uninstalled the old version and install the new version?

What a bout the licence. Would I have an issue with it?

Do I have to pay again for the 2019 PowerServer Version?

Regards,

Clarence.

Mariano Collado @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 22 April 2019 18:38 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer Mobile (Obsolete)
  3. # 1

Hi Clarence,

1. Any Advice in the Upgrading PowerServer to 2019?

Please test PowerServer 2019 extensively before updating your production server.

You may want to wait until PowerServer 2019 Developer (PB Edition) is available in June of this year so you can also update your Developer Edition of PowerServer and have all your PowerServers running the same 2019 version.

2. Is there any instruction document how to do the Upgrade?

Here's the full documentation on the installation of PowerServer 2019: https://www.appeon.com/support/documents/appeon_online_help/ps2019/installation_guide/ar01.html

You may want to start on this section: https://www.appeon.com/support/documents/appeon_online_help/ps2019/installation_guide/ch03s03.html

3. Is it an upgrade or I have to uninstalled the old version and install the new version?

If you plan on continuing to use your existing production server, then you can install PowerServer 2019 on top of PowerServer 2017. No need to uninstall PowerServer 2017.

4. What a bout the licence. Would I have an issue with it?

If your organization has kept up with its maintenance payments (USP - Upgrade Subscription Plan), then you have the right to update to any future release of PowerServer at no extra cost. If you are unsure if your organization is within USP, please contact sales@appeon.com. If you are within USP, the sales team can help instruct you on how to activate your PowerServer 2019 with a perpetual license file.

5. Do I have to pay again for the 2019 PowerServer Version?

Not if you are within USP, as described above, if your organization has kept up with its maintenance payments (USP - Upgrade Subscription Plan), then you have the right to update to any future release of PowerServer at no extra cost. If you are unsure if your organization is within USP, please contact sales@appeon.com

Cordially
Mariano C.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.