Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Is there a maximum number of PBL that can be in a Library List?   We have 141. I like to add about 90 paired unit test PBLs. Is there a hard limit of 255?   Thanks Yakov...
Hi.   Several of our customers use Citrix to run our application, and for the most part it works fine. But every now and then some experience that certain forms will not draw/show completely. I have attached an example where a popup window ("Lage...
Powerserver 2017, PowerBuilder 2017 R3, Sybase ASE 16. Works fine in Client server, but when running in WEB, after the close of the query, AEM still shows transaction opened, eventually it times out and we get the transaction time error.  Any ideas ...
Need to put a rectangle into a GroupBox.  Rectangle does not show, setting position to bring it to top not working. Groupbox always in front of Rectangle. Is this a bug? PowerBuilder 2017 R3....
Powerserver WEB (2017 r3) We have a simulated messagebox window, it has a static text and three buttons on it.  None are set to default. Because of the seriousness of the message in the text we do not want the user to accidentally hit enter and selec...
Hello Sir, My organisation has a plan to upgrade existing PowerBuilder application from 12.5.2 to PowerBuilder 2017 version in order to communicate to webserver secured with TLS 1.2 and Window 10 compatible.    Our application has around 289 web s...
I was having issues with my laptop. So I took it to Microsoft Store. They end out formatting and installing Windows 10. My Laptop is clean and I am going to install PowerBuilder 2017 R3. My question is can I do the R3 directly of I have to install al...
Looking for some insights if anyone has tried to use RPA (Robotic Process Automation) such as UIPath on their PB2017 application.    We're looking for ways to automate keystrokes by populating our PB application with structured data from an external ...
Hello, Using PB 2019 build 2002, I followed the tuto to create and test a Web API, then adapted it to work with an Oracle database. Everything is working fine except when I try to change from localhost to another host. Actually, it does  work with ...
We are migrating from PB 12.5.2 to PB 2017 R3-MR1. Some of the files listed in the PB 2017 help for deploying the old TX Text Rich Text Control are not in the installation folder. Specifically the .ocx, the .ini and the .flt files. I compare the ve...
Estoy tratando de crear una base de datos usando código con PowerBuilder, pero no me lo permite. ¿ Existe alguna opción que pueda usar para ejecutar la sentencia y se pueda crear la base de datos?  ...
hello guruDo you find that the PDFs generated with the Export.PDF.Method=0 (Distill) method are smaller than those generated with the Export.PDF.Method = 2 (NativePDF!) andExport.PDF.NativePDF.ImageFormat = 1 (JPG) method ?Is Distill better than Nati...
When we use branches in powerbuilder + git it is important NOT to use pull and push from the IDE. This is because Powerbuilder only works on the master.Is There the possibility to disable those menu items to avoid errors. thank you...
Hi, We're testing using MSOLEDBSQL driver from SQL Native Client and one of the stored procedures that has a datetime parameter is excluding the "seconds" portion, when the stored proc is called from PB. It works with SQL Native Client though.   I...
Hi, hopefully someone can help   I have an application that is written in PB2017 and runs on a windows 8 or windows 10 tablet.    I would like to capture a signature , what is the best way to do this ?   regards and thanks in advance   Andrew...
Okay here is my issue,  I am trying to either update a row or insert a row into the database using a data window. I have made sure that all the update properties are set correctly. Everything looks good.. then when I run the app, I get the following...
Dear Appeon:       We meet a  confusion, these days,  As code 128 font is used in label printing, the font is installed in the PCs, but when PC re-installed, different code 128 font with same font face name (both name "Code 128") can be installed a...
Hello All, I have a composite datawindow report, which have multiple DW as usual, one of them have string array type retrieval argument. But in composite datawindow I can’t create any array type retrieval argument.  I would appreciate all your adv...
PowerBuilder 12.1, build 7055Oracle 12CWindows 7, SP 1, 64 bit platform, 12 GB RAM, plenty of free disk spaceHELP!When running as an executable, the following code works perfectly.When running from the IDE it causes an abend in the IDE - no error mes...
I have an XML whose element contains an attribute with a name starting as XML.., So while calling getattribute function on this element I got following exception message. Is there any workaround for this. --------------------------error-------------...

There are no discussions available here currently