Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, Using PB 2017 SP3 Build 1880 [in a computed column in a datawindow] I need to display a computed column with amount in Indian Format [ ##,##,##,##0.00 ]   (See the comma).  When I create the expression as  namecolumn + ' (' + String(groupb...
Is there a way to set a column protect property in a grid window?   What I am trying to do is if the user changes another column, I would like to change the protect property on the comment column on the same row, so they are allowed to add a commen...
In Beta is possible to publish rest service ?! I see PB 12.5 can publish rest , but not find in PB 2017 R3 b.1880 to publish rest !...
I want to clarify the recommended direction for PB applications moving forward. Is it correct to say that Appeon is recommending customers move away from using the PB Desktop functionality? It appears that the guidance moving forward will be to gener...
Folks - we are trying to do our first build releases under the new Appeon PB17 and need some feedback on runtime environment.  With the old SAP/Sybase PB12, we were, I'm pretty sure, able to put  exe + pbd's in a folder, and just plop all the PB runt...
Hi All, One of my customers is asking the PowerBuilder Security Code scanning as they have to submit the security code scanning report to the security team for review before rollout. Anyone know is it any tool ( or third-party tool ) can do this? Ma...
Hi Guru I'm rearranging the various manuals of courses made around the world under the guise of Powersoft, Sybase, Appeon. Does anyone have the manuals of the courses made in Vienna in 1996? If someone could share them ........ thank you ...
Hello everybody, In the datawindow painter, I specify "Help!" as a pointer for a column. At runtime, the "Help!" pointer appears only if the cursor is not in the column (see illustrations below). Is it normal behaviour ? Thank you ! Pierre    ...
Good day, Has anyone implemented feature flagging with Powerbuilder? Maybe using Launchdarkly, featureflow.io, or something similar? I'm wondering if it's possible to incorporate into our PB projects.   Thanks. Dan Mullings...
PowerBuilder 2017 R2 Build 1769 SQL Server 2012 I am working with a fairly old application that has been using the SQL Server ODBC Driver (SQLSRV32.DLL) for many years. We wish to upgrade to a newer driver so we can utilise some of the features uns...
Hi everyone, we are in our migration phase of PB 12.5.2 to 2017 R3. I'm imported the workpsace and target without problems.  I've deplpyed the webservice to create the new dll of my webservice. Trying to run the application in desgin mode and got sy...
We are getting ready to migrate from 11.5 to PB 2017 but all of our developers have objects checked out.  We've exported these checked out objects to save any changes from getting lost in the migration.  The question is, is it safe to migrate even w...
PB 2019 IDE is really slow on start up. Is that going away?   Thanks Steen...
I'm using Powerbuilder 12.5. In design mode I have expression on protected which is working how is intend. When i run application is not working at all. Any help please....
pb 2019 BUILD 2002   dw buttons are not rendering correctly. I'm using PNG files 16x16 and no one is rendering correctly when set to original size I have attached a sample file. and screenshot. The picture is blurry. the same file used in a menu...
In my project have too many custom NVO with not DS or DW. How to use this NVO in C# code or how to publish RestFull Service with this NVO ?!...
Hello PB Experts,   My project is upgrade from powerbuilder 7.03 to PB 2017 R2, my question is: is there any know issue, upgrade effort estimation norm to apply into my project.   It is about 1 milion line of code so it is hard to scan source and...
We are looking to improve performance in PS web, and we use querymode for searching.  And, in order to get around all of the limitations of querymode, we use sqlpreview to add missing functionality to the querymode processing.   These tidbits for s...
I'm trying to log into PowerBuilder 2017 from a new machine.  Although I can log in the account from another computer, I've confirmed that the user account is not occupied by another connection.  I'm getting a "No network connection" error.  I'm actu...
Hi. All! Subj : Today it happened at one of our developers. OS - Windows 10 Corporate 64bit We tried: 1. Regenerate 2. Optimize  3. Export/import objects 4. Create new Target 5. Create new Workspace 6. Clear layouts in windows registry 6. R...

There are no discussions available here currently