Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi Everyone, I'm wondering if the latest version of Powerbuilder supports MTOM/XOP web services? We currently connect to a third party's webservice from Powerbuilder 10.5 but they are changing their implementation from text/xml to MTOM/XOP...
I created an article named "SVN with PowerBuilder - Single User.pdf" that describes the solution to this issue; it is available in the ARTICLES section. Later - Olan ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Summary:  I cannot seem to be able to connect...
Hi, what is the best choise emulator for mobile divices to use with Appeon mobile. What emulator do you use? Best Regards Ludwin...
Hi All, Do you have a recommendation on how to determine the width of the value of a char column?  At the moment, I use GetTextExtentPoint32A, but this slows down the retrieval, as I set a computed column in the datawindow as a flag in the retriev...
Hi all   After migrating an app to 2017 , what do i need to do within the code in order to save to pdf without any PDf printer installed or GS installed ?   Thanks   Moshe ...
I successfully migrated (trial)  PB 12.1 to Powerbuilder 2017 but my email which I send through SMTP (local) is not working. One of the errors I get is "An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its permissions". My suspicion is th...
Can a .Net Assembly created with Powerbuilder be called by a Powerbuilder Mobile application.  If so can someone provide an example of 1) an assembly's namespace, file name, object name, class name and method name; 2) where the assembly files are...
Hi I want to use a DLL, in which Functions require as parameter and yield pointers to a certain structure.   Let's say I have a library header:   struct StructType { int a; void* p; }; extern _declspec(dllimport) Str...
Seeing different results on datetimes returned by reference from ASE 16 Stored procedures.  When the time stamp is 00:00:00, the procedures returns 12 AM (00:00:00) from PB, but 12 PM (12:00:00) from Appeon.  This can cause issues when dates are c...
Dear all, We are going to deploy and publish our first mobile application to PowerSever, and then publish to public internet, while concerning on the security implication. Http is plain text and information could be captured include ID/PWD when...
Hi ,   I am working with MS sql 2008 ( and above ) with pb12.5 ( and now will be 2017 ) classic , Windows 7 , 10 (64 bit , 32 bit machines Why the datawindow is saved to the  data base with the max length for each field full with spaces ? ...
Greetings All.  We recently upgraded to PB2017 from PB12.6.  We are having issues with pbnismtp.  I created a new library and imported the pbnismtp126.pbx file and compiled a pbd.  I added the new pbd and the pbx file to the working directory of the ...
This article is written in Google Translator.. :) Hi,  I have been using PB10.5, and I am currently reviewing the migration to PB2017. PB2017 provides two options for the deploy option. (for x86 / x64) Are there differences in performance...
Since the app is still ultimately running on Windows, why couldn't a .CHM file be bundled with what gets downloaded and accessed directly? Our app actually doesn't use ShowHelp, because of some aspects that we don't love about how it w...
PB v12.1, b7055 Windows 7, 32-bit o/s Like Yuri, I need a new source control product for PowerBuilder! 1) Is anyone using WizSource? If so, do you like it? Hate it? 2) What are the limitation in WizSource?   Thanks, Olan ...
I loaded PB on a desktop when it originally came out and registered without any issue.   Now I have loaded it on my laptop and try to register and I get a 'You are already logged in' message when I provide my email and password on the r...
When I attempt to activate Powerserver I am getting error "Failed to log in. Please make sure a valid online license is assigned to the account. Error code: 116, error message: No network connection".  The online license is assigned to the account...
Where can you set the received message buffer size limit in a web service proxy based on the .net/WCF engine?  The default behavior seems to be unlimited message size (10 MB works in test), but I'd like to be able to set a limit depending on circ...
Is this forum just for PB 2017 questions or can I ask a PFC question?   i have created a master detail relationship with multiple DWs using the PFC linkage service. The master is on the top part of the window and the details DWs are on separate...
It would be nice to be able to quickly search for object in PB Browser window simply by typing it .  Even better if Browser Window would display the source library.  Even better if user could check in  and check out object directly from Browser...

There are no discussions available here currently