Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, one of our users has a problem with all of our applications we written with Powerbuilder 2017 (R2): All menu items are disappeared. The space were the menu should be is still there. Also the toolbar and the icons are visible. It seems a proble...
I'm trying to send the pdf document through RESTful API service using PowerBuilder 2017R3 (Windows 10 OS) but i could not able to add the body parameters (metadata - in the form of JSON data and content - pdf document in the form of binary object) in...
Hi all, wasn't sure how to properly phrase this question.  I'm trying to add email several places in my app.  The email code structure is: CREATE the mailSessionLOGON to the mailSessionLOOP THROUGH ALL reports...    Generate and save the PDF    Popu...
Hello,I'm missing the possibility of opening objects in a new window by right-click mouse - open directly from PB script.Reason is the system has a lot of windows, objects etc to browse through every time it is needed. PB is a rapid development tool,...
Hi ALL,   Just want to confirm whether the getfullstate method support when using the .net assembly to deploy webservice, and using the setfullstate to get the datawindow state in client by the webservice?...
Has PB been updated to enable easy construction of dependent dddws?  (e.g., State contains counties which contain cities.  Choosing a state in the first dddw only allows selection of counties for that state in the 2nd dddw, choosing counties in the 2...
Hi   I have a problem with a webservice WSDL function call.   The webservice is PTVs Sxerver wsdl https://xroute-eu-n-test.cloud.ptvgroup.com/xroute/ws/XRoute?WSDL i call the calculateroute function and it say's  "bad argument list for function"...
I am trying to find pbls AWS_Test to download as mentioned in the "PowerServer Web & Mobile Tutorials" -> "Extending Functionality Tutorial" right about 9:13mins. Please let me know, i tried contacting Appeon with no luck....
Hi, Does Appeon Mobile officially support the upcoming iOS12 which is due for release on Monday 17th Sept? (also, where should I be checking to see a list of supported operating systems etc?) Just to note that all our Appeon Mobile Apps through Wo...
when it includes the support for mysql I still have many problems with a simple "select count (*) from table" or edit columns from the PowerBuilder 2017 database manager ...
I would like to package the ".net components" in the runtime packager for pb2017, but this option seems to be seen only in PB 12.5. Will pb2017 have any other solution?   pb12.5 runtime packager: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B817u8MIj...
Hi, According to the instructions for installing PB 2017 R3 Localized Runtime files I should first build my application, then unzip the localized files over the application folder previous to releasing it to client machines. Which rises a question:...
Good Morning People, I will like to find out how to code a Dynamic Database Connection in PS. Can you point me in the right direction. It just to be a very good video in area PowerServer Web & Mobile Tutorials of appeon website, but now it shows a ...
PB 2017 R3 on Windows 10 using IDE. I have a window with an MLE on it.  If I copy/cut/paste from within my app, everything works fine, but if I try to copy/cut from Notepad or some non PB app, the paste into the MLE doesn't work.  Pretty sure this m...
Hi Gurus We recently did the migration from PB6.5 to PB2017 R2 and all the application text chopped.  MS Sans Serif - 8 size. If I go and re-select the same font, it works fine but there are 100s of windows and datawindows to change. Any suggesti...
Has anyone has success connecting to MS Word to use spell checker using OLE connection, I was using the sample code provided by Miguel Leeuwee and trying to use it on the Web, without success. I do get a good return code from the connections but seem...
Hi, Guru I have a problem with a: THIS.Modify (" .Background.Color = '37375'") *** Need *** object: Data window control event: itemdocuschangedcode: THIS.Modify (" .Background.Color = '37375'") if I place myself in a column i want to change...
Does anyone know of a way I can install InfoMaker v12.0 without having to use the Common Installer, which forces me to add PowerBuilder first?Thanks,Olan    ...
I have a "form" datawindow that users will enter scores into. It contains a single row with multiple entry columns on the form. When a user tabs to the next field I want to automatically scroll to that point. I have been trying any number of differen...
I'm consuming a web service which returns values in JSON format. The models are predefined, but some values are optional. The optional values may not be sent at all. Is there an easy way to check if a key exists prior to calling a getItem method? Ri...

There are no discussions available here currently