Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
FYI -    I have created an article that explains how to create license files for versions of PowerBuilder that pre-date Appeobn's PB2017.    There are three sections in the article:       1.  How to create license files for pre-2017 Powe...
For datawindow checkbox column I want to create a checkbox in the header area to check (select) all or none. It appears that the only way to implement that is to alter SQL and define extra column. Is there better alternative to it? If not, can it be ...
Hello, I created a few editstyles as extended attributes in the database painter. A lot of DWs in my app use these editstyles. I need to update one of the editstyles. How do I get all of the DWs to update automatically? Thanks. ...
Hi PowerSphere, Can I use PowerServer to host Common Web Services (applications) written in PowerBuilder ? Even Web Services has been around for a decade or so - it seems unuseable (i.e. lacking basic  functionality)  Especially when using P...
There is some internal functions that would be a great deal of help if they were added, and some others that would be nice to have docs for. Existing - The rt_dbg_* functions in pbvm*.dll are a powerful debugging tool when /pbdebug is too slow to ...
Hi, Is it still possible to create a COM/OLE object from a nonvisual object in PowertBuilder?  We have an nvo that we used to deploy as an OLE object which other apps could connect to but I cant seem to find where to do this in PB 12.6.  Has this ...
Hi Guys, I've got a multithreading process working, but occasionally when processing several tens of thousands of rows, the application freezes.  Any idea what may be causing the freezing?  Also, I've got both the shared and callback NVOs ...
Hi Everyone, I'm wondering if the latest version of Powerbuilder supports MTOM/XOP web services? We currently connect to a third party's webservice from Powerbuilder 10.5 but they are changing their implementation from text/xml to MTOM/XOP...
I created an article named "SVN with PowerBuilder - Single User.pdf" that describes the solution to this issue; it is available in the ARTICLES section. Later - Olan ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Summary:  I cannot seem to be able to connect...
Hi, what is the best choise emulator for mobile divices to use with Appeon mobile. What emulator do you use? Best Regards Ludwin...
Hi All, Do you have a recommendation on how to determine the width of the value of a char column?  At the moment, I use GetTextExtentPoint32A, but this slows down the retrieval, as I set a computed column in the datawindow as a flag in the retriev...
Hi all   After migrating an app to 2017 , what do i need to do within the code in order to save to pdf without any PDf printer installed or GS installed ?   Thanks   Moshe ...
I successfully migrated (trial)  PB 12.1 to Powerbuilder 2017 but my email which I send through SMTP (local) is not working. One of the errors I get is "An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its permissions". My suspicion is th...
Can a .Net Assembly created with Powerbuilder be called by a Powerbuilder Mobile application.  If so can someone provide an example of 1) an assembly's namespace, file name, object name, class name and method name; 2) where the assembly files are...
Hi I want to use a DLL, in which Functions require as parameter and yield pointers to a certain structure.   Let's say I have a library header:   struct StructType { int a; void* p; }; extern _declspec(dllimport) Str...
Seeing different results on datetimes returned by reference from ASE 16 Stored procedures.  When the time stamp is 00:00:00, the procedures returns 12 AM (00:00:00) from PB, but 12 PM (12:00:00) from Appeon.  This can cause issues when dates are c...
Dear all, We are going to deploy and publish our first mobile application to PowerSever, and then publish to public internet, while concerning on the security implication. Http is plain text and information could be captured include ID/PWD when...
Hi ,   I am working with MS sql 2008 ( and above ) with pb12.5 ( and now will be 2017 ) classic , Windows 7 , 10 (64 bit , 32 bit machines Why the datawindow is saved to the  data base with the max length for each field full with spaces ? ...
Greetings All.  We recently upgraded to PB2017 from PB12.6.  We are having issues with pbnismtp.  I created a new library and imported the pbnismtp126.pbx file and compiled a pbd.  I added the new pbd and the pbx file to the working directory of the ...
This article is written in Google Translator.. :) Hi,  I have been using PB10.5, and I am currently reviewing the migration to PB2017. PB2017 provides two options for the deploy option. (for x86 / x64) Are there differences in performance...

There are no discussions available here currently