Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Good Morning! We recently upgraded to PB 2019 and had some complaints from our users in the Citrix environment where their default printer was not being set correctly.  At the time we tried to implement a suggestion found here by adding an option th...
Hi, I'd like to apply a theme, but only on tab-page labels. It works well, but something goes wrong when resizing.I'm using the PFC routines for the resize. The Json file contains drawing false for every control, except the "tab". See 2 attached i...
Hi, when opening PB17, I got the following message: Failed to load license files. If the problem persists, please reinstall PowerBuilder. PB closes after closing the message box. What causes this problem and is it realy necessary to reinstall  PB or...
PB 2019 R2 (19.1.0.2353) Powerbuilder tries to load the following dll's when using PB and in the compiled exe: 1. pbstatusbar190.dll 2. pbdynamictab190.dll to 1.: The dll is installed when PB is installed but is not included when creating the run...
Hi everyone, About resizable response windows: I've checked all I could find on google, but no luck. I do have a working version of a resizable response window (using the windows SetWindowLong API), but I can't figure out how to show a "gripper" i...
In old versions of PB there was no need to register the sybase excel dlls for their .net excel save as. This appeared to have changed sometime between 12.6 and 2017R3.    I've seen some conflicting information on whether it supposed to be required t...
I purchased a license for PB 2017, installed the new version, and successfully migrated my PB12.5 project. However, when attempting to log in now, from the 'Log on to PowerBuilder' window, I click the logon button and get the pop-up to ent...
In PB 2017R2, I have a window ultimately inherited from pfc_w_sheet.  The window contains dynamically created dw controls based on number of rows in a db table.  The window has a vertical scrollbar, but when the number of controls hits a certain numb...
Hello, i have create an appeon app.Wehn i launch it in Powerbuilder it will launch normally. When I deply it and run it via Run, I Become the Error: Connection-Error: Invalid argument I Use a 64 bit Worksation with the Powerbuilder Version: 2019 R2...
We switched to PowerBuilder PB2019 R2 Build 2353 and today was the first time I had to change a datawindow.... :-)   When I open a DW in the DW-Painter all is ok and I can see data in the "Preview"-Section...   But if I want to change the datasou...
Update:   After searching the Registry for duplicate entries, I found this:    Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\CSGI\ICABS4_5   I deleted this entry manually, and then the RegistryGet () function worked correctly. ...
My organization is moving our subversion from one server to another. Our PB2019 desktops are configured to look at the old server. I tried updating every instance i could find in the registry to the new server name but the source control tab on the w...
I have an PB app that I am using metadata and modify to move columns and text around.  I am having two issues that I think I can work around if I can figure out one of two approaches.     1 - when I use the font.escapement property to rotate a colu...
Hi All (screenshot attached) How do I get rid of those application (and transaction) entries in AEM that are no longer valid (in my case)? Thanks!...
Preferably, I would like to save it to an eml/msg file after it has been  sent. I can probably get the message using mailReadMessage to get it into a mailMessage object with the proper ID. But I can't find a way to save it to a disk file....
Hello, Environment info:Powerbuilder 2019 R2 Build 2353Database: Informix 12.10.FC13 running on Linux serverInformix client: 4.10.TC14 (32 bit) and 4.10.FC12W1 (64 bit)PB App and Informix Client running on Windows 2008 Server R2 (Service Pack 1) ED...
All I am a bit confused and don't seem to have a good way to solve this. I hope you may be able to help. What's troubling me is how I can set up a deployment profile with one transaction object to have two different data sources? I have to use the...
Hi Everyone    I need to implement in my PB 2019 R2 if there is a debugger reviewing my application. I read about IsDebuggerPresent from the windows API. Can you please help on how I need to declare that function in PB2019. I suppose i need to dec...
We recently moved from PB 12.5 to PB 2019 GA. We noticed that the database painter is adding dbalias to the datawindow source as below: name=id_num dbname="trans_hist.id_num" dbalias=".id_num" ) I went back to the PB 12.5 and I see it a lot there....
I have a base window object w_parent that includes datawindow control dw_1.  I create a new window w_child that inherits from w_parent.  On w_child I assign datawindow object d_customer to datawindow control dw_1.  Also on w_child I insert a new data...

There are no discussions available here currently