Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Currently we are applying a revision in our Power Builder tools. In our deployed files using PB 2019 R3 (64 bit compilation) if we analyze PBD files for sensitive information, we found hardcoded SQL queries in it. Basically the hardcoded SQL queries ...
Hi We Just upgraden to powerbuilder 2019 2085 build incl de powerserver In powerbuilder we made a new 'package' to make a new appeon workspace for android We can not install the on our android tabelt veriosn 8.1.0 or on out chainway pocket widith ...
Hi, I have a lot of singlineedit and dw controls on a window, I need to catch up with KeyTab! When the user presses the TAB key. I try to use key events on the window to capture, but I can only capture all keys except the tab key. All keys in dataw...
Good morning,How do I know if an MS Word document is open? You have to take into account that the user can have several MS Word documents open, but I want to know if one is open in order to avoid opening it. Thank you.   SOLUTION:I solved it usin...
Hi, My desktop application (built in PB 2017 R3) is connecting to Sybase ASE 15.7 database thru OpenSSL with below configuration: SQLCA.database = ls_ApplDataBaseNameSQLCA.servername = "MyServerName"SQLCA.logid = ls_ApplLoginIDSQLCA.logpass = ls_Ap...
Hi - We have a PB2017 R3 application that uses a OLE DB connection with the Provider='MSOLEDBSQL' to connect to a MSSQL Server 2017 database. This is the newly supported driver provided by Microsoft so was wondering if there are additional benefits t...
I am in the process of upgrading from PB9 to PB2019R2. I have converted from PFC 8 to PFC 12.5.1 I am trying out a 64-bit deployment with PFC 12.5.1 and the of_splash is not working correctly in the 64-bit deployment.  (Works fine in a 32-bit deplo...
Hi,   My PowerBuilder desktop application (developed in 2017 R3) connects with the Sybase database. I am using "SYC" DBMS for connection. Now the situation is I have two different versions of Sybase client installed on my machine i.e. v15.7 and v16...
Hi, I'm using the SnapObjects SelectProcedure function in a web api and I want to know how to catch an error that occurs in the stored procedure (from a RAISERROR command in the stored procedure.)  The SelectProcedure works ok and fills my model with...
Hello,         Recently I have migrated a very old Powerbuilder application to the version 2019 R2. I have tested some windows and inserts, updates and deletes and I noticed that a lot of procedures datawindows was not returning any rows in the retr...
Hi Experts,   We have a web portal where we have an api which is called from the PowerBuilder application it will gives as a pdf file as out put. So We are using HTTPClient to achieve this but we are getting a response from web api but we stuck on ...
Hi everyone, I am having trouble executing the timer function.The system does nothing when I run the .EXE \ PBD on Windows 7 and 10 workstations.In my workstation that is Windows 10 it works in interpreted mode and from the .exe. I have tried to ru...
www.appeon.com seems to be down?...
I was looking for a event click butdoesn't work Any Ideas? Thanks  ...
When I try to deploy app using PowerClient, the file named cloudserverconfig is created and it contains password also. So is there a way to hide information from user by encryting that JSON file.   Location of file is : .\AppData\Local\Appeon\PBClou...
Hello. Is there any way to catch a stored procedure error when retrievign a datawindow?. I get the error 999 Select error: Requested result set number 1 not found, so I need to catch the return number that I specifed in the definition of the SP.  Ed...
Hi all, We receive a string ( copy and paste) into an MLE. From this mle string we need to filter out all the ascii values higher than 126. We have the solution , something like this string ls_a ls_a = mle_1.text for i = 1 to Len(ls_a)      ch...
Hello, Is it possible to automatically deploy an application as Powerclient (new PB 2019 R3 feature) using AutoCompiler (OrcaScript or PBC or something else)? It would be nice to integrate the deployment in a CI/CD pipeline. Thanks, René...
I'm wanting to create a simple C++ DLL in Visual Studio 2017 that contains entry points that are callable by PowerBuilder, but this has proven to be a bigger challenge than I anticipated. I've been able to create a C++ DLL project in VS, create a hea...
Is there a way to override the datawindow (background) color set by a theme? The theme color is white. I would like a specific user object inherited from the datawindow class to have a different color.   Thank you, Joe Hess...

There are no discussions available here currently