Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi all, I'm trying to prevent a user from changing the position of a menu toolbar. What I'd really like is to get rid of the handle that allows you to change it in the first place, but that seems to be difficult. So I thought, let me restore the me...
Hello, is there a simple way to emulate a getfileopenname on a mobile application? in particular i would like to show a system dialog box to let the user select a local image file (for example a screenshot) and get in return the path where it is loca...
Hi community   Are there any API for read this informations ? Thanks for answers Gimmy      ...
I've recently migrated about a dozen PB apps from 12.5 up to 2019 R2.  We also moved from TFS to Bitbucket for source control, we're now storing the .pbl's in Bitbucket, and I'm using Bruce Armstrong's tutorial (thanks Bruce!) to get our builds done ...
Hi, everyone. I made a datawindow named 'dw_list' has a CheckBox column as below. I try to make a process with checked rows in the dw_list, when some button is clicked. But I don't want ItemStatus of the dw_list to change to Datamodified. So I wr...
Hello, can I set the aspect of panels in a RibbonBar to be in dropdown-mode? This is happening automatically when the window is resized and the Ribbon width needs to be reduced, see picture attached. I would like to set some Panels with the drop-d...
Hi, Is there a documented list of runtime files required to support .NET assemblies containing .NET Datastore code? We have identified some of these (below). DWNet.Data.dllSnapObjects.Data.dllSnapObjects.Data.Odbc.dllSnapObjects.Data.SqlServer.dllS...
Hi, We plan to deploy .NET assemblies with .NET Datastores in the near future. The datastores were created using PB 2019 R2 build 2328, if that is relevant. Does Appeon recommend any obfuscation tools? If not, has anyone had experience with such ut...
Hi, I faced a hurdle when tried to push PB objects to Github repository. I created a repo in my organisation's Github space. i.e github.mycompanyname.com Actually when I login to the github.mycompanyname.com, it will ask for User Id and password a...
Currently deploying a Windows application with an EXE together with some PBD files.   If I managed to update the PBD when the users is running the application, is there a way to force the application to reload the updated PBD without restarting the...
Hi Guys & Gals I'm deploying to a brand new windows machine a pb2017r2 exe using ADO.NET. Dot Net 4.5 is installed I have run the msi installer generated by the package installer and copied over my exe and I'm getting the following e...
If I restore the data sources from a backup created via AEM,  will I lose data sources which were added after the backup?   Thanks...
Can you create PWAs with Appeon tools or do you accomplish similar outcome with Appeon differently? What are the Pros and Cons of using a PWA?   We are planning a basic application to collect data and save to an SAP ASE database.  The application wo...
We are using PowerBuilder 12.5 with Team Foundation Server MSSCCI provider as source control. Now we installed the Team Foundation Server on another server computer. In Team Explorer I added the new location, but in PowerBuilder still see the old( fo...
Hi PBers.....! I recently tested / used the dw.ExportJson() combined with JSONPackage and I am starting to feel that it's time to move on, from restful XML services to JSON.  What worries me is that I didn't find any way to limit the data exported ...
Hi guys: My team mate is getting an error message while trying to log in when started PowerBuilder 2017 R3 for the first time. He is not able to login - getting "Cannot find a valid license". https://account.appeon.com/license-management/pb sho...
  hello Guru I am implementing the dynamic addition of PBL to my running program. In particular, I add 3 libraries in one shot.   [code] ls_ = GetLibraryList ( ) ls_temp = ls_pbl+","+ls_ li = Setlibrarylist(ls_temp) [end code] This is the r...
Hi  I have script in my Client/Server-turn-Web/Mobile application to 'see' directories on any file servers that are in our company's network. The app worked great in 2017 R3 Onto 2019 R2. I understand that some of PowerBuilder File Functions are u...
Hi If an application in CloudPro is not reading/writing files from/to an UNC based path, what is the most cost-effective way to work around it? I would appreciate it if someone could show me (or point me to) some basic know-how of how to go about it...
We are converting our PowerBuilder code to C# and we are not quite sure how to translate the following PowerBuilder code in C#. doArticle.object.data.Delete.Current[1, 1] = il_null Can't seem to find a way to modify data in any buffer except primar...

There are no discussions available here currently