Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
hola, ¿que parámetros le envío al GetFileOpenName para que me salga la ventana con las opciones de amarillo? hi, What parameters do I send to GetFileOpenName so that I get the window with the yellow options? Solo he logrado conseguir lo siguiente...
What is the difference between: this.event close ()close (this) (written on an event eg: postretrive)   I notice that:- the first executes the event script, but does not close the window- the second runs the script and closes the window Because ...
I need to generate a random UUID for a invoice request using Rest/xml endpoint.  I will appreciate any help on how to create a function in PB that can generate a UUID. Thanks...
In PB 2017 R2, there is a datawindow with a date column.  It is using the PFC sort.  When the date column header is clicked, the rows sort as the string value of the date, not as the date value of the date.  Is there a way to make it sort as a date?...
I have a datawindow with Datetime column which uses  stored procedure to save data. when I change the date and tab out, and click on Save button the old data passes to the stored procedure and the new date doesn't save. I'm using the stored procedur...
Hi; I've been asked to modify an Infomaker report that contains sensitive info so that the user cannot save it. (Evil, I know.) Is it possible to disable the printing and "save rows as" options on reports?   Thank you! Keeley...
 Hi, I have a desktop application developed in PB 2017 R3. It is connecting to the database (Sybase ASE 12.5) using the global transaction object SQLCA. To connect to the db, we are setting the trans object as: SQLCA.Database = "MyDB"SQLCA.Servernam...
Hello everyone, i'm testing the new amazing features of PowerBuilder 2019 R3 Beta. In particular the promising PowerClient C/S. IMHO this is probably one of the best pb features in the past 20 years... THANK YOU! :)Reading other threads i guess some ...
In my PowerBuilder applications I order the datawindow with various parameters as in the following example ... dw_1.SetSort("param1 a, param2 a, param3 a") dw_1.Sort()   In SnapDevelop I see Sort Method, but I don't  know how to order multiples p...
Good morning Guru. I am using '.NET DLL Importer' and notice a strange thing. When Powerbuilder object is generated among the instance variables exists 'is_assemblypath' (see image ) I note that it contains the absolute references of the source ...
I am preparing for a Powerbuilder upgrade from 8.0 to 2019. I will be moving embedded sql to stored procedures and db functions. Is the sql in datawindows considered embedded sql and is it a good practice to move it to stored procedures and have the ...
Hi I'm using PowerScript Dynamic DataStore like this: //----------------------------------------------PowerBuilder Example ------------------------------------------ long ll_row, ll_rowCountString ls_sqlString ls_Syntax, ls_error, ls_clienteDataSt...
In a SnapDevelop API solution I am working on, I have the following in my startup.cs that handles the database connection:   services.AddDataContext(m => m.UseOdbc(Configuration["ConnectionStrings:temp"]));   The DSN 'temp' is in my appsetting...
Hi....We have several applications that use PowerBuilder.  One application stores all PDFs in an Oracle database.  We are being asked by the DB unit to find a new place to store the PDFs because they are taking up quite a bit of space.   Someone in ...
Not sure how to make this work....
We're trying to migrate an application forward to PowerBuilder 2019R2 that uses the .Net WSDL engine. It deploys, everything seems to work perfectly on workstations with PowerBuilder 12.6 installed. When using Procmon and watching the application run...
To support Rest basic authentication, string has to be encoded in base-64. In Javascript there is btoa() method. I cannot find corresponding method in PB2017 R2. Please advise. Thanks, Yuri   ...
Hi, Has anyone been able to debug an DLL Imported .net Assembly using SnapDevelop with the pb2019 r3 - Beta version? I cannot set any stops and can't attach any process, since it doesn't show any process to attach to. Not really a problem, I can u...
Hi   Message edited on 2020-09-23 after further findings    I'm having trouble compilating one of our applications with Orca where it work great for the others. I built a powershell script call the appropriate programs and copy files around. It...
Greetings, What email method is everyone using? We've been using pbnismtp, and are having problems when upgrading to PB2017.  (32 bit running on Citrix) We're currently trying the PB mailsession method, but there are a couple of thin...

There are no discussions available here currently