Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Greetings, What email method is everyone using? We've been using pbnismtp, and are having problems when upgrading to PB2017.  (32 bit running on Citrix) We're currently trying the PB mailsession method, but there are a couple of thin...
Dear Sir, We would like to know how to port our existing PB2019 programs to android/ios.  As I known, PowerServer 2021 no longer support android/ios, do I need to use other development tool for port our existing PB program to android/ios platform. ...
Hi, I had raised the same question earlier, but didn't receive any answer. So raising the question again. I've implemented HTTPSClient object to get the response from a SOAP WebService in a desktop application (PB 2017 R3). The response is stored in ...
This issue is found in Version 2019 R2 Build 2353. There is a difference between the pbt library list and the build option library list. I get the warning: The current library list is different from the library list contained within this project. T...
Last week I illustrated a snapshot technique to capture copies of data sets in the database associated with a specific transaction.  Once we sorted out the stored procedure issue (needed to be closed) we have found that it works pretty well for captu...
Hi, we have a desktop application developed in PowerBuilder 2017 R2. This application does not use any external functions or DLL calls. But when it is launched, it has been observed that the application is internally searching for some Windows DLLs o...
Hello Team,   We are using Appeon 2019 R1.  We were invoking the web application(IE) from powerbuilder and it is working fine, recently we have upgraded our Middle Tier(java) environment. After up-gradation IE is opening but its not launching the r...
Hi, I have a desktop application developed in PowerBuilder 2017 R3 with Sybase as a backend. Recently a vulnerability issue has been reported in the application where "the application does not implement encryption during transmission of data. This ex...
I am trying to implement DLL Redirection for my 32-bit PowerBuilder desktop application (developed in R3) in below way: - Created a application.exe.local file - Created a new DWORD key called DevOverrideEnable at HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\...
Hi, I downloaded the new PB2019 R3 beta and have been trying out the new C/S deployment: 1 - How do I configure a remote Server"? I think I have to add FTP protocol/role, but some instructions for noobs would be nice. (or even better, powerbuilder ...
I need to make some changes using PowerBuilder 2019 Build 2082 but cannot find anyway on the Appeon site to download an installer.  Our licence is up to date so that should not be an issue.  Does anyone know how I can go about downloading an installe...
Hello everyone, I am creating a menu of actions to move between the records of my database in the different windows of my application. This menu is located on the ribbon and is controlled using shortcuts. The problem I have is that when I change the...
Hi Guys We have an SMTP mail server that I am trying to utilize to send mail without giving everyone an OUTLOOK account.   I am looking for some code that twill help me do that? Appreciate any help.   thank you  Tom . ...
In PB 2017R2, I have a datawindow that successfully saves as PDF in the prod environment, but in Dev and local environments the PDF fails. This is in script, the file name is valid: // Create the ticket PDFll_rc = dw_meter_ticket_email_form.SaveAs(...
Hello I have carefully followed Bruce Armstrong' tutorial for connecting PowerBuilder 2017 R2 to PostgreSQL, but I have a trial version of Powerbuilder 2019 R2 which I am trying to connect to a PostgreSQL 10 database. So far, I have not been success...
Earlier this year we migrated from PB 12.5 to PB 2019 GA. We noticed that if a DataWindow uses a computed field in the sort order, PB 2019 drops the computed field from the sort order when saving the object in the painter or importing from file usin...
Hi Guys I have a problem with PB102R3 Build 1915 The DW filter is not being applied until after the retrieveend event, I'm pretty certain that in previous releases it was applied before the retrieveend. I can code round this, but can someone confir...
I have a java class that has one method that takes some parameters as input and returns an array. I need to call this java method from PowerBuilder desktop application by passing the required parameters, and then capture the response from the method ...
Hi Guys I simple but loaded question. When are DW sort parameters applied to the data in a datawindow? Is this before or after ther retrieveend event? I have always assumed it was before the retrievend event so the data is ready sorted. Is it possi...
Hello everone,Im having a issue.   I have been doing this to read a pdf file: ole_1.object.loadfile("C:/path/file.pdf") ole_1.object.setpagemode('1') ole_1.object.setfocus()   But now, with a new webservice, im reciving that file in base64. So...

There are no discussions available here currently