Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I know that different PB versions in the past were installed separately and that you could keep two (or more) versions installed side-by-side. Just confirming whether the new release of 2019 is separate from 2017 R2 so that I can install and tes...
One quick question on generating reports out of DDLB values. I have a requirement of adding DDLB values to an existing report and these values are coming from a DW. I have followed these steps: In the design mode of that particular report, in the da...
I am using the CrypterObject to encrypt some data. I can encrypt and decrypt within the same .exe just fine. I built a second program to encrypt the same (unencrypted) data -- but the two programs are encrypting the same data completely differently e...
Hi Guys I'm getting a not so random crash from our newly migrated application to pb2017r3 as follows: Faulting application name: tstravel.exe, version: 5.0.17.0, time stamp: 0x5df05d07Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.24545, t...
I am wondering if I can run a Web application on a browser instead of running it as an IWA? If so, how?   Thanks!...
Hi, Can someone please help me with adding a ddlb to an existing dw? I have added a column in the table in the backend that takes numbers(0,1,2...). In the frontend, i have made changes from Design -> DataSource -> selected the column. These ...
Hi Is there any way to have an expression in a Datawindow refer to itself by name (or column number)? For example if I want to have editable columns be underlined, I could use this code in its border expression. if( long( describe( '.TabSe...
Here is my code. The block in red  returns 1 (success code) in development  and also in the exe when deployed on  a machine which has PowerBuilder 2017 R3 installed   But when attempting to run this on a user machine without PowerBuilder, it return...
Good Tuesday morning I need to find out how I can run my web application's iwarunner.exe on an iPad? I have the exe downloaded from webserverIP/application_name/iwarunner.html However, from I can see online, this exe can not run on iOS as it's a M...
Dear Experts, We have our Powerbuilder Application running in our client places and it is in PowerBuilder 2017 R3. It is in Client Server (2 Tier) architecture. Currently our app can be deployed as thick client and also as thin client (published i...
Hi guys / girls, I know I'm lots of times "bitter" towards Appeon, but that's simply because I'm an old powerbuilder developer who's gone through hell for lots of years with Powerbuilder and shitty support. I'd like to request you all to upvote thi...
Hello Everyone! I'm trying to generate a JSON with JsonGenerator and I think I am missing something.  I generate the Root and insert some fields without problem.  Then I need to create an array Item including some more fields, using additemArray ...
It is stated in the PowerServer Help that the usage of the tooltip feature is supported by Appeon. In case of a very long tooltip, it is possible to just break the line with e.g. CRTL+Enter. However, this only works with the desktop apllication. Aft...
Hi everybody, Several customers have asked me to implement the functionality that the system remembers (that is, stores) the user's credentials so that the user does not have to enter them at each login of the web application. I understand that this...
Hello everyone, Im working on a PB2019 R2 app, and I use theme to get the style of my application. My question is: Can I use the theme without having the theme in the application folder? The same as we do with the images on the PBR file. Thanks....
Dear Team,   Could u give some advice about how to convert the datastore to .net, we have migrated our service from ESA to .net Web Service. Part of functions in service using the data store to get or set item. Another question is if the Web Serv...
PowerServer (PB Edition) 2020 Build 2323.00PowerBuider 2019R2 Build 2353 Hello, i have two similar applications for web and mobile (Android) that consume a rest service using HTTPClient to create an event on google calendar using Google Calendar Api...
Hi, everybody. When launching mobile app in Google Play Console, I get the following error message that prevents the app from being published: My software scenario: - PowerBuilder Universal Edition 2019 Build 2170 - PS ToolKit 2019 Build 2170 ...
Hello All, I have a "helloworld" app that is saving a DW to a PDF file using PDFlib. It is compiled in 32-bit (for a variety of reasons that can't be changed). It works fine on my Windows 10 laptop and VDI, but fails on Citrix running on 2012R2.  T...
Good Morning! We recently upgraded to PB 2019 and had some complaints from our users in the Citrix environment where their default printer was not being set correctly.  At the time we tried to implement a suggestion found here by adding an option th...

There are no discussions available here currently