Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, I am having a problem when creating multiple PDF reports, I have to print a lot of reports using a composite datawindow, then i decided use the function save as , using a system produced filename, when i use this file name the saveas funct...
We are trying to deploy an application (PB 2019 R3 build 2703) using PowerClient.  I successfully deployed to a local instance of IIS on Windows 10 and then zipped the two folders that were created in inetpub/wwwroot and gave them to the clients IT t...
Dear Experts, I want to call VisualBasic for Application (VBA) macros and functions in Word or Excel documents which I have written myself out of/from PowerScript functions (instead of rewritting them in the PowerScript functions). Is this possible...
I recently migrated a client application to PB 2019 R2.  When I run the new exe for the application it starts, opens, connects to the database and then suddenly closes with no error message.  This happens on a Windows 10 machine.  It runs fine from t...
UPDATED on 07-MAY-2021 at 3:35 pm.New issue, updated topic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Apparently my PB2019R3 version is confused and it says I already have PB running, so I cannot open up an instance in my development VM.However, I just rebooted bo...
Hello, I have the following url (only an example): url = www.google.de/images/branding/googlelogo/1x/googlelogo_color_272x92dp.png  I want to know whether this picture exists or not. If it doesn't exist I want to get something like error "404 Not ...
I've created a treeview datawindow with 3 levels.  The original highest level that gets set in the initial painter is fine, but when I create the second level, those values end up repeating.  I've tried Rows/Suppress repeating values and selected the...
Any recent changes in the Q&A web? Can no longer paste a copied image in Firefox. Inserting an image from the "insert/edit" image also no longer seems to work. The images I'm trying to paste / insert are from the windows 10 "snip & sketch" ...
Trying to access a table, the following gives me an error lole_temp = iole_word.ActiveDocument.Tables(1).Select Error: Error calling external object function tables All I am trying to do is get a tables content.  The table is created next to a boo...
When I installed 2019R3 I didn't have SQLAnywhere installed.  I remember a message box coming up and informing me of this.  Did the .DB files get copied to the install folder somewhere? If so, where?...
Hi team, I am not getting the option Subversion (SVN) in Source Control Tab in workspace properties. I am running Powerbuilder 2017 R3 Trial version. Got stuck not able to connect to SVN repository.   thanks Prabal...
With PowerClient postgresql 12 citext extensions works fine but not with PowerServer 2021 beta. Any clue?...
Hello, Using PB 2017R3, PostgreSQL 11 With the following query, we create a datawindow at runtime and issue few modify statements to format the datawindow.   Since the query is from multi-tables, we expect the table name(s) to get prefixed with th...
I have just run into a weird problem, affecting both 2017 R3 and 2019 R2 on the same machine, simultanously. No particular recent change except  Windows 10 updates as usual. It affects all datawindows. Trying to open any one with the painter, in any...
Hi PB users, We are facing a difficult issue with one client which sometimes, get the deployed EXE process not closing, and he must kill by himself the process. It's a batch process running on a Windows server 2012 without display. We have asked fo...
Hello, I'm trying to deploy my PowerClient project. Everything working fine cos it finish to build my application, then also finish to split correctly all the PBDs, then it starts to upload the file to my remote webserver, but it stops with the foll...
Hello, We are currently building a large-ish PowerBuilder (2017 but we are in the process of migrating to 2019) application using Microsoft's DevOps pipelines. Our current build script takes quite a lot of time as we: cleanup everything copy all...
Hi , Does the PB 2021 include other enhancements than the PowerServer support ? Back in the Sybase days Sybase invested SO MUCH in all kinds of java and EA server related stuff for PB. It was a complete failure from a-z and almost nobody ever set a...
I need to read some data from tab-separated text files with a row of column headers, where I know that certain column names will always be there, but don't know whether they will always be in the same order, or what other columns might be there. So l...
Does anyone know of any tools that might be able to analyze a Powerbuilder classic app for potential security vulnerabilities?  Sort of like an HP Fortify for native Powerscript?  I saw an answer to a similar question that it may be possible with cer...

There are no discussions available here currently