Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Calling PB 2019-R3 object from C++. I'm getting 'Unhandled Exception' in the error object and no exception in the C++ code. Any idea? The PowerBuilder function: public function integer of_exception (integer ai_value) throws n_cst_exception;n_cst_ex...
  How can i retrieve Data from Model using the sqlselect attribute and paramvalues? I already ask a stackoverflow question; https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68129138   How can I retrieve data from my SQL-Model using the SqlSelect attribut...
Hai, I purchased Appeon Powerbuilder 2021 just before a week. I am feeling a better performance and the latest technologies in the same. Special thanks to the Appeon team. I have a doubt regarding developing in the Android platform. Have any chance...
Hi, We wish to open the file (.pdf, .xlsx, .docs etc) from Powerbuilder application. The file needs to be visible for users. OpenFile function opens the file but is not visible to users.   How can I achieve this?   Thanks, Falguni...
I'm using SnapDevelop 2019R3 Build 2703. I cannot connect to MS SQL Server. I get network connectivity error and a timeout. I can connect to the same database using PB IDE on the same Wind 10 PC. I've checked that required protocols are enabled o nt...
Hi all, I'm using on some fields in datawindow dropdown calendar. If I choose date from calendar then event ItemChanged on datawindow is fired, but when I type date manualy into field and tab out from that field, then ItemChanged event is not fired....
PB2019R3PostgreSQL v12 database Summary:   Ensure that the database properties are defined correctly for the PostgreSQL database in the DB Painter.    If those properties are not defined correctly, the PB2019R3 IDE automatically creates the PB Catal...
In PB 2017 we have an SQL statement that can potentially retrieve too many rows to be manageable.   We would like to limit the retrieve to a specified number of rows and use the SQL START AT syntax to say where to start based on the order by The da...
Hi,  I am using Power Builder 2017 R3 Build 1880, I have added a Edit column on FreeForm datawindow and entered multiple lines using EnterKey for next line, Same data has been stored in SQL table - Varchar column, when i retrieve the same data and...
I'm looking for an "easy" way for PowerBuilder to perform a secure file copy from the local client computer to a server  folder (and copy from server to local computer), by providing a user/password, certificate, etc. that will be recognized by the s...
  Does anyone have successful story ( examples ) to be shared with how to integrate Powerbuilder with Microsoft sharePoint on line  ?  ...
Hi, when using the new Webbrowser (CEF) control we don't seem to be able to use the 'CTRL' + scroll to zoom in /out on a webpage like one can do on a regular browser.  This would normally not be a very big problem but we have one particular site wh...
Resolution:   Mark Goldsmith noticed that I was storing double quotes with the connection string information.   Removing the stored double-quotes solved the problem!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PB2019R3Dear Appeon:   Internally in PB2019R3, what is t...
Good morning, I hope you're having a good day, I want to ask if there's a way to put a image to my RibbonCategoryItem, if it not the case can i put a Tooltip in my RibbonCategoryItem?. Regards, Edi  ...
I upgraded an application from PB 8.0 to 2019 R3. There are two dw's in the scenario. The first dw does the retrieve and the second dw uses an Importstring to pull in the data from the first one: dw_second.importString(dw_first.describe("datawindow....
I have an application that I upgraded from Powerbuilder 8.0 to 2019 R3. We also upgraded from Sql Server 2008 to Sql Server 2019. I have noticed that when a datawindow has a db column with a checkbox style top and the column is type Bit, the value d...
Hello, Is there any way to paste images in this community forum ?  I know there is an (image) attachment provision.  But would like to know how to paste an (in-line) image in this forum ?   Using Insert -> Image option above needs the image to b...
Hi, Is there something in PowerScript equivalent to String.IsNullOrWhiteSpace in C# (String.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(String) Method (System) | Microsoft Docs). I think it would be nice to have something like that as at the moment I have to use multiple "...
SnapDevelop 2019-R3   I am doing the 'Create a Web API' tutorial. I did the step 'Add a Service' which adds a "Service (.NET Datastore)" called DepartmentService. In DepartmentService.cs there are two errors indicated in the generated code.   Li...
We seem to be having a problem with Git source control in PB 2019 R3. In the PB IDE I have successfully added the workspace to Git and pushed the initial load up to the repository on the server without problem. However when I log in to GitLab and ch...

There are no discussions available here currently