Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I have two printer with different paper size (A4 & small label) i use below script, choose printer then print out, it always print out the default printer paper size.dw_1.print(true,true) after search and known that PB's printer session,i chang...
Starting PB2021 as administrator Build & deployed   project succesfully Compile & Run Web API   gives   (see attached file)...
I deployed an app to clients, just one case was it was forced closed when it looked like executed the function within the DLL, all the ways I have tried  I tried build a dependecies of PB within PowerBuilder Runtime Packager, and installed that pack...
Is there a way to fix this? The server automatically redirects to HTTPS when the initial web connection is made, but apparently when the IWA login dialog comes up it just uses HTTP? Is there a setting we need to change, or is this a deeper problem? ...
PB2019R3, b2703When running the EXE compiled with the same code using PB2019R3, b2670, all DW retrieves work correctly.When running the EXE compiled with b2703, though, the first DW retrieval fails: The same code run from the 2703 IDE works.The same...
We just updated from PB12.5.2 to 2019R2, and noticed an issue filtering one of our reports. The report is a composite DataWindow, grouped, with nested report objects in the group header bands. It displays properly on the initial retrieve, but nested...
Update:This turned out to be a different issue than what I thought. We have been compiling the EXE without checking the PBD or DLL boxes on the library tabpage in order to compiled the entire application into the EXE. This has worked well for decades...
Hello, i hvae activate the designmode in my webbrowser object with: wb_1.navigate("javascript:document.body.contentEditable='true'; document.designMode='on'; void 0") now i try to change the font size with: wb_1.navigate("javascript:document.body...
In an MDI configuration,  want to call a function that is in an already opened widow (say w_main) from another opened widow (say, w_detail) and, once the function is executed, close the calling widow (w_detail) to return to the original window, (w_ma...
Hello, Any updates on when the PowerServer 2021 beta will start? Thanks, Chris...
PowerBuilder CloudPro 2019R3 Build 2670 MySQL Server  8.0.23 MySQL ODBC   8.0 ANSI Driver I have a parent table with 2 child tables. The parent table key is a column define as BIGINT with AUTO_INCREMENT and the 2 child tables key are both a column ...
Hi, I just want to check if there is any update on few things from this post as I'm installing PowerClient for some clients this month: PB2019 R3 beta - C/S Deployment (appeon.com) 1. Various AV software still complains about the launcher during se...
Hello, PB 2019 R3 When I read the theme.json file from pb script, I get color code as string, Which I want to set to a static field through pb script... some thing like this in the constructor event of a static field This.BackColor = go_ac.of_get_...
I am starting to use the new chromium web browser in 2019 R3. I am looking for a solution where if our customers do not allow internet activity for their users that I can still display a local webpage. I would really like to have this content be serv...
Hi, I need some guidance or advice on Power Server deployment.  We have some Power builder applications which has master detail window, list window, tree view controlled windows, tab windows - form and master detail layouts. Since, Power Server 20...
Hello Appeon Folks, Greeting! I need to increase the column size of one database field. What is the best and optimal way to reflect those changes in all Powerbuilder objects where it has been referenced? Thanks, Vipin...
Hi, When overriding an ancestor, you can call the ancestor's script by doing: super::event pfc_some_event( ) Now what I have to do is call the script of the ancestor of the ancestor.I've tried: super::super::event pfc_some_event( ) but of course...
Hi,   I am testing PB2021 Beta deployment of salesdemo_cloud   app. Deployment described in : https://www.appeon.com/products/powerserver    and https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019r3/pbug/ch07s03.html#tutorial_deploying_your_first_PowerClient_project...
--- EDITED --- n_osversion.of_pbvmname(), used by the code waaay below, will return "pbvm190.dll" for ALL different versions of powerbuilder 2019. I've adapted it in the hope it will now also return the correct name for pb2019 R3, R2 and R1.So my be...
Hi Guys, I hope someone can throw some light on this. I have a window w_ord_detail which has been inherited from w_ord. There are 2 copies of w_ord in two different libraries lib1 and lib2. Say lib1 is higher on my library list, my application woul...

There are no discussions available here currently