Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, Why regular expression match('','^[0-9, ]*$') = false ? * (asterisk) Indicates zero or more occurrences An empty string must meet the condition.   Regards, Andrey  ...
We recently upgraded from PB 2019 to PB 2019 R3 (2670), and we're seeing a strange issue with response windows moving after they are opened. Specifically: if the window has any opening animation specified, then the window will open in a location oth...
Tengo en una Pc con win10 instalado PowerBuilder 2019 Build 2082 1.- Migré una App de PB 12.7 a PB 2019. 2.- Corro el Deploy Proyecto, para generar App.exe + App.PBD's. 3.- Entro a una pantalla donde capturo números.    3.1. Si corro la App (App....
I needed a better select folder dialog option PowerBuilder's default GetFolder option. The base PB function is too basic in many ways. I found the "Common Item Dialog" solution Bruce Armstrong presented a while back and after some fiddling got it w...
Hi everyone, Env.: Windows 10 64 bit Build 19042.867   PB2019R3 Build 2670 I'm currently in the process of migrating/ testing an application in PB2019R3 which happens to have a number of radio buttons with left text set. When it is set the right si...
After using the RibbonBar Generator, one of my menu pictures was converted to  PictureName="picture!", which is a very grainy picture of a person's head. so where and how do I get the best quality picture to use in my application? 1) I would Imagin...
Hi,   I'm using the RibbonBar a lot! .. it works brilliantly.   My question is: in a "LargeButton" having an associated menu, can I trigger the menu to drop (appear) when the user clicks on the button it self, similar to when the user clicks the...
Hi, Just updated to PB 2019 R3 Build 2670, Runtime 19.2.0.2670 from PB 2019 R2 all CloudPro editions. I am using PowerServer (PB Edition 2020 Build 2670) and Ora Client 19, 32 bit. I was able to deploy to the power server without issues in R2, but i...
Hello,  I have would like to to try PowerServer 2020 but I have trouble to install PowerServer Toolkit on my PowerBuilder. I have PowerBuilder 2019 R3 build 2670. Do you know how may I fix it.  Thank you. ...
Hi eveyone; I'm starting with PowerClient and I'd like to be more clear when to use "startup with background service" option and what effects would it have on the user's PC, for example a Windows service would be created automatically? Thanks in ad...
Hi! I just successfully forked and pulled the PFC (thanks Bruce!) according to his very good instructions on his community post Quick Start for contributing to PFC. It worked right out of the box and I can use it as expected with our current PB 201...
Hi, Greetings! In the PowerScript, while declaring and executing the embedded stored procedure, it is giving parse error during runtime stating that stored procedure not found. Upon debugging Server APIs, found that it is using below query to look...
Hi, I faced few issues while deploying PowerServer project using PwerServer 2021 Beta. Though I cannot replicate it but it happens randomly. Issue: While deploying project, the C# solution sometimes gets messed up like for example the embedded SQL...
Hello folks, I'm calling a woocommerce API using PB REST Client. Using Postman it works, but when calling from PB (2019 R3 Build 2670), I get return code -14 (Code conversion failed). I think it has to do with the headers, but I'm not being able to...
Hi,   If we make changes to the PowerServer project under "Run Options" related to desktop and start menu shortcuts, it only works for the first time. First deployed using both options as checked, works fine. Second run, deployed using both as un...
I am looking to enhance the look of our application by adding a menu option on the left side of my frame much like Microsoft Teams has.  I would like the ability to have the image select and unselect either by highlighting it or having the image chan...
I support a mature application using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 and SQL Server via ADO.Net. Our user community recently requested we add signatures onto some of our datawindow documents.  The 'tableblob' datawindow object seems perfect for this, but unfor...
Hi, everyone. I made a popup style window to show new message alert on the System tray. This is good working in PB version 9. (please see the attached image1)But this has a problem after migration to PB 2019 R3.The window pop up on the center of sc...
Is anyone else noticing that simply migrating an app from 12.6 to 2019 that the compiled apps are slow? I compiled an app in 12.6, then migrated the target to 2019 and compiled it there. A window in the 12.6 version that took 10 seconds to open takes...
I'm trying to setup the ftp server for PowerClient. I've copied the setup .exe to my 2016 windows server. When I run it the choice for PowerClient App Publisher is not an option to install. Any ideas why not? Thanks! ...

There are no discussions available here currently