Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Our large applications use SQL Anywhere 12 and ODBC.  We are using Powerbuilder 17 Build 1880.   If you try to put a very simple and very basic query into a datawindow such as... SELECT "budget"."consumer_id", 0.00 as ohcrap FROM "budget" then t...
Is the Powerbuilder 2017 is compatible with Win server 2016...
Dear Experts, I like to get an expert advice on our application's cloud deployment. Our application is in PB 2017. (migrated from PB 9 to PB 2017 a year back). PFC: using same PFC libraries used in PB 9 DB Connectivity: using SQL Native Client 20...
HI All,   i am going to try my best to explain my problem.   I have a datawindow where multiple records are being retrieved. The design ( the heigth) of the datawindow is designed that only one row is visible, but there's a scrollbar to scroll in...
Hi, I've just started looking at web service creation in Appeon Powerbuilder and I can see how to create a SOAP webservice with the .Net Web Service target, but is it possible to create a RESTful webservice as well?  If not, is that one of the pl...
Hi All,  We are using windows function WNetUseConnectionA and WNetCancelConnectionA in our power builder application to connect to a NAS drive which is not working and getting error message saying Mapping is failed due to multiple connections to the...
Greetings, I'm doing test pbc190 and pb2019. In case of deploying in pb2019 by incremental, only updated pbl and pbd are updated. But in case of pbc190 by incremental, all pbls and pbds are updated. Is it bug of pbc190? I want to update only mod...
We are currently trying out a trial version of PB 2019.  We are running against a SQL SERVER 2016 DB. Using the IDE we're able to connect, retrieve and update to the database.  When the .EXE is built we can only connect and retrieve from the DB.  No ...
Our current version control system is antiquated and needs to be replaced.  I am giving subversion a try because I need to be able to have the capability to lock.  I followed the basic setup from Bruce's video and have the following questions/issues....
Greetings, I just recently upgraded PB to 2017 R3 from PB 2017. No issues noted in upgrade and full rebuild was done with no errors.  I am now seeing my IDE crash when I run my application. This happens when opening a window using 'OpenSheetWithPar...
Hello If several different strong named assembly releases are deployed into the GAC (e.g.  Sybase.powerbuilder.core      v4.0_17.0.0.0_12345897d75b      v4.0_19.0.0.0_65789084e76b ) or in our case OLF.Agtech.Shared  etc.. How can we specify a ...
Hello fellow legacy modernization travelers Is it possible to do dynamic OleCustomControls ? When an ActiveX is placed on a visual container in the painter, the control is declared in the source code and the painter glues in some binary hidden stuf...
Apologies to everyone but as a company that has been using Powerbuilder for more than 20 years and we were excited for the themes hence rant below: RANT BEGINWell, we have been disappointed by Powerbuilder again. We were excited to use themes to giv...
What are some web host that are suited to host a Powerbuilder application? Our team is going from your standard Client/Server to deploying the cloud. Which web host will work out best for PB? Thank you...
I have noticed that DataObjectFactory.LoadDataWindow uses the App Domain's Base directory to find the pbwconfig file.  This will not work for us since we may have different DataWindow versions with the same name.  We need a way to dynamically set the...
Hello, We recently installed SQL SA 16 and loaded our data onto this new version coming from SQL SA 9. We were going through the deployment wizard provided by the PowerServer ToolKit when we reached the part to add a transaction object. We could not...
Hello    Back in 2012 Bruce Armstrong created a PowerBuilder.TV How-To video titled “Using .NET Assemblies with PowerBuilder”   The manifest creation tool he uses, GenMan32,   https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/junfeng/2007/04/14/genman32-a-tool-to-g...
I am new how to use Data Pipeline. So far I know how to create them and execute them in the GUI of PB2019 and it transfer the data with no issues. Now I want to use the pipeline object and execute it via PB Script and here it is where I do not know...
I am trying to open a https site with POST method to include ID and password to access the https site and open the site on the default internet browser. The POST I tried to use HttpClient and sendRequest method. But I cannot make it works. The return...
Hi Team, I installed PowerBuilder2019 in my VDI machine, this machine has no internet access. When I tried to activate the license using "Activate offline license manually" option, it is showing the below message. Message: "You can only use an onli...

There are no discussions available here currently