Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I need install Appeon Powerbulider  2019 standard run time. I ran PBCLTRT190.msi and got error message as"attached screen shot. Please advise to solve this. I ran this as log "administrator" in the computer. Regards, Claranace...
Hi GuruI find that Powerbuilder in commit + Push also sends pbls to repositories. Why ?(I seem to notice that it happens when the system performs a merge).I attach screenshoots Every help is precious.   Gimmy     Ecosystem- Powerbuilder 2017r3...
I'm using PB2017 R3 and building a composite report which has two child-reports. Each report will be built in separate datastores where I'll adjust the report according to several criterias. When this adjusting process is complete, I want to copy the...
Hi Guru It's possible to put ListBox in the frame toolbar. if yes, how ?   Ty for answers   Gimmy...
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows how to stop PowerBuilder from qualifying an Oracle procedure with its owner in DataWindow Stored Procedure Update properties. We are using a native Oracle driver, not ODBC. Best regards,Konstantin...
Hi, everyone. Does anyone know about a feasible workaround for the longlong data type not supported in Powerserver? Thank you all....
Hi   I'm working with PowerBuilder 11.50, I have Logitch c170 WebCam, I need take photos to employees  and then save into database.   Are there any example to do this?   Regards    ...
Hello Marco!I am a PB developer since PB 3.0 and now I found your youtube video about maps in appeon mobile.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nalRw9U7UQ My question is:Do you know, how can I move to the current position (or maybe a other position) wit...
I'm using the datastore model of SnapDevelop in a web api to populate an external datawindow in the client using the ShareData() method.  How would I -- with one restclient call -- populate this multi-row grid datawindow AND also import a single row ...
Is there a way to place in the cache the IReadOnlyDataObject created by DataObjectFactory.ParseDataObject so it can be available for instantiating a DataStore object? As far as I can tell from the documentation, instantiating a DataStore depends on ...
Hi Bruce et al. I have deleted all the database profile from my PowerBuilder IDE and then tried to deploy a build for a target when I got error saying "Cannot compile without valid database sign-on". During the build process the "Database Profiles" ...
How do I enter a key value (such as an employee number) in a column of the DataWindow object, to retrieve that record. Thank You. ...
Hi all,   i am trying to implement the saveasasciiformatted function. we need to export the contents of our datawindow to a ; separated file. this works just fine, except for the decimals.   we would like to force the decimals to be exported as...
Hi All, What Unicode version is used in PowerScript compiler for PB 2017 and forward? What Unicode character categories are valid in identifiers? Jon Skeet's 2014 blog on the Mongolian Vowel Separator got me thinking of PowerScript and Unicode...
Hi,   will it be possible to run Powerbuilder on a terminal server in the near future?   Regards Markus...
Tengo PowerServer (PB Edition) 2019 Build 2151.0 cuando ingreso me pide reinstalar appeonbrowser.exe  porque indica que la versión no es compatible, realiza la instalación recargo la pagina y vuelve e pedir instalar xcelerator....
The download page claims that the install bootstrapper contains the MR but I don't see the MR when I run it.   Releases included in this installer:            GA (#2082, release date: 05/31/2019)            MR (#2151, release date: 09/09/2019...
Hi.   We have a very weird situation in our PB 2017 R3 MDI application (PFC). From time to time the menu items in the main menu gets duplicated: This usually starts with one or two extra "copies" of the menu item, but it quickly fills the entir...
HelloI am trying to change the toolbar backcolor in a menu from script.I inherited the frame menu to a new name and changed the toolbar color, and when using changemenu in the MDI window the original color is still there,the menu itself changed ( hav...
Hi,  i'm currently having a clipping issue when a string column is going over 2 pages ( or more ) on the second page there is clipping issues with the text being cut. I have moved the column around and can sometimes have it when no clipping occurs, ...

There are no discussions available here currently