Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, Using PB 2017 R3,    Trying to import a JSON file created by a third party, into a datawindow.   The siva2.rar (attached) opens well in Notepad++, with proper plugins.   Notepad ++ displays the data perfectly. Now, when I try to import with...
hi  I want to know what the following messages in te image are about within Xcode 10 to distribute an Appeon Workspace regards...
Is there possibilty to f.e. on clicked button: - to block row changing/mouse selection and leave only focus on current row,- mayby grey out rest of rows?I want to higlight as much as possible which row is now editing, since every row on start is blo...
Some Infos: Machine : Windows Server 2012 R2 StandardPowerbuilder: Version 2019 Build 2082Email Client: Mozilla Thunderbird 60.8.0 (32-Bit)   Hello,   im trying to migrate one of our projects from PB2017 to PB2019. But in PB2019 the  programm ke...
I have a DW, and right now I am able to edit every row and column.I would like to block all rows when DW opens, and be able to edit row only, if I choose it first and press f.e. button EDIT.Is there a property which i have to set on open event?...
Hi team, Need some advice how to encrypt text to SHA1 using PowerBuilder. I have a PHP code below that SHA1-encrypts a string: yields: f49182154133c2a2d9b4098cede92642b013110c   However trying to achieve the same using PowerBuilder: String l...
We have an application that is executing web-service functions on an external web-service host. Each invocation of these functions can be slow to respond - they can take 5 to 30 seconds. What we observe for our calling Powerbuilder application, is t...
Hello Everyone Before opening a support ticket, I would like to check if you have some advices for my deployment issue: When I use conditional expressions with user define functions to highlight information in a DataWindow object, for example, to c...
Hi.I have a datawindow. One of columns is DropDownDW - in display column is symbol, and data column - id. Works perfectly. problem is that i have to update foreign keys (composite) to another table which looks like:table_A.method_id = table_B.id AND...
Is it possible to send big string over 32k from powerbuilder to PL/SQL(Oracle) stored procedure? If yes, Please let us know how to do that?...
Hello, I am looking to set a TimeOut for my REST calls from PB12.5.2. Below is my code:   loo_xmlhttp = CREATE oleobject loo_xmlhttp.ConnectToNewObject("Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP.6.0") loo_xmlhttp.setTimeouts(100,100,100,100) // invoke POST method fo...
I just added themes to a workspace that was already in a git repository. Is there a way through the IDE to add the themes subfolder?   Thank you, Joe Hess  ...
Our PB code in 2017 R3 was migrated to windows 10 environment. mail functionality which was working on Win7 no longer works on Outlook 365 (Outlook for Office 365 MSO (16.0.10730.20155)). We get Microsoft Outlook Error  "Either there is no default ...
Dear Support! Sometimes, my program crashes. How to find where is the issue? There is no error message, but the program was shutdown. Please help to us! Offer some debugger, or any kind of solution.  Bye, Geza.      ...
Has anyone created unit tests for a service in SnapDevelop using xUnit?  I have a simple test shown below which builds fine.  When I run the test I get the attached error.  Would love to see a working example from someone.  Given that the service met...
Hi, My powerbuilder code calls a stored procedure that call many stored procedures; something like this proc1->proc2->proc3->...... when there is an error on one of the stored procedures, dberror event is giving me the error code and syntax but no...
Hello, We recently migrated PB 12 to PB 2017  on Win 7. We then deployed PB 2017 package onto Windows 10 and the application opens up but we don't see any data. But, when we try to open the exe with "Elevated rights" we can see the data and the app...
In PowerBuilder I have a workspace that includes an Application Target as well as a C# Assembly Target.  Within our Application Target I have a window.  In the C# Assembly Target i have a class with methods.  How do I call/access the methods found in...
Our software is developed using PowerBuilder 2017 Build 1666. It works fine in many distribution environments, except in the Microsoft app-v. The performance is greatly degraded when deploying the app on the Microsoft app-v. Appeon bug 3120 has repor...
Is there a way to control the background color of a protected datawindow column using themes, similar to the disabled-state of an SLE object?   Thanks Joe...

There are no discussions available here currently