Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I created a .Net DLL (COM) and managed to use it in PowerBuilder (12.5 Classic)... so far so good... The downside that we need te register this DLL in order to be able to use it. I've read that there's possibility to use such a DLL withou...
My application was developed in PB 12.5 and I am migrating it to PB 2019. It runs from the IDE, but the deployed version on IDE machine errors out with message: DBMS OLE DB is not supported in your current installation, where PROVIDER='SQLOLEDB'. On ...
Using PB 2019, we have migrated several datastores to a SnapDevelop .NET assembly. Looking through the various tutorials and sample projects, we do not see any examples of accessing datastore column values using object dot notation. All appear to use...
Hello All, During the migration of PB9 application to PB17r3. The POS function is automatically replaced with POSA in some places. However some places as it with POS function. So it is required to change manually POSA at the place of POS function. ...
Using PowerBuilder 19 and standalone compiler PBC190. All works as expected in PowerBuilder 19. When using PBC190, the creation of the dll's failes.Elevated Commandline is:pbc190.exe /d "E:\_troubleshoot\Ada\ada.pbt" /o "E:\_troubleshoot\Ada\ada.exe...
Hi, We have a workspace with 10 different projects; one of the projects has 20 additional libraries. This project takes 1m24s to compile using the PowerBuilder 19 IDE. Using the PBC190 utility takes over 2h (using Microsoft Azure Cmd task). Is ther...
Hi Team, Can I use Oracle 18c with powerbuildr2017. Please advise.   Regards Nikesh...
Hello all, I need to convert a decimal number in a variable "1234.22" into a string and need it in the format "1,234.22" (money) such that I can display it on a text field when the program is run. I am unsure of how I can approach this.. I know the ...
HELP!When we "upgraded" to Oracle 12C from Oracle 11g several years ago, we started seeing the following EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. we connected to a database in both SQL+ and when running a script in SQL+. We use standard PL/SQL and run the scripts in SQL...
Hi,I have 2 columns in DW, both of them are DDDWmethod and symbol Method DDDW is like:id(data_col)  method(disp_col)  symbol 1                  met_1                 X 2                  met_2                 X 3                  met_3           ...
I have an existing project that I moved into source control and have been managing from the built in source control in the PowerBuilder IDE. My diff tool is TortoiseGit 2.6. When I inherited the existing project there were extra files and folder in t...
I'm late to this topic so I must assume it has been asked and answered many times but I need to ask: I'm embarking on building an app to run on a tablet (iPad). My question is: How does this app connect to an Oracle database residing on a server in ...
Hi We are using 2017 R3 Build 1858 for both PowerBuilder and PowerServer. (Oracle back end, Azure for PowerServer) We are using an edit mask to present a drop down calendar. Using only the mouse to select a date in the calendar we have noticed tha...
Can you use C# to write scripts for a window instead of powerscript? If not, can you direct me to any documentation on how to make a call to a REST service from a data window? I'm confident I can create a WebApi with SnapDevelop, but I don't yet kn...
Hi,I'm having problem with update function.it gives me result -1 and sqlcode 100, and i can not find out why.Data window has set update properties (key columns, use update),tab order (not on every column) and everything looks fine, but update still g...
I am attempting to Save a datawindow.  It works fine if I run it through the PowerBuilder IDE, but when I compile and create an executable i will not save a file.  It returns that it is successful but it does not save the file.  Code snippet below: ...
Hello all, I am trying to build a report through composite data window and my child data windows have different retrieval arguments (one is bounded by date whereas the other one is a list of all items). What I need to do is display the pieces of the...
Hi, We have some external PDF Files to fill out with some datas from our database. We don't want to replicate these PDFs in a datawindow because it will take time to reproduce the hole form design.  Which is the best way to accomplish this?   Tha...
Hi Appeon Community, I have troubles to create PBDs with resources in a PBR when the PBR path is relative.   I am using Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1880. Please let me know, how I can figure out this issue. Thank you....
This is the server we are using The application loads. After the password is entered these are the messages that appear and I believe in this order.   This is AEM data source. There is only 4 items that appear in the ODBC Data Source dropd...

There are no discussions available here currently