Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi all,   i have a datawindow which can contain thousands of records , each record has a status code.   Lets say status can be 0, 1, 2, 3 , 4   What is the fastest way of showing the user how many records with status 0 there are , status 1 and ...
Hello, I'm trying to understand security for a PowerServer deployment when used to deploy a traditional Powerbuilder (classic) application. Is there good documentation that I could read, and could be shown to security architects? In particular, I'...
Hello all,   I have currently implemented PFC Dropdown search onto my program and it is working fine when my DataObject is selected in the IDE or set by script (only if the DataObject is empty on the IDE). However, whenever I change the DataObject ...
Hello Sir, Small application developed in PB12.5 version having one screen just to import excel data into data window  and display user after validating data. This application doesn't contain any webservice or database calls. I am using controls... ...
Hello guys,I'm having trouble and would like some help.There is a software that uses PowerBuilder 11.5 for reporting (.PBL), and PowerBuilder 11.5 is no longer sold, so I downloaded the newer version (PowerBuilder 19) to generate reports (.PBL), but ...
Hi all Here is what I did (in order) - installed Oracle 11g 64bit client on a Windows 10 64bit machine (successful). I was able to run the SQLPLUS and query our dev Oracle 11g database - installed Powerbuilder 2017 R3 on the same machine (successf...
We have recently migrated one of our PowerBuilder applications from PB2017 to PB2019(Version 2019 Build 2082) after that the Icons are blur. We can clearly see the difference between PB2017 Exe's Icons and PB2019 Exe's Icons. ...
Hi, I know this has been resolved over the years of powerbuilder and exporting datawindow to pdf. But somehow, it gives me a hard time doing it. I can manage to export the datawindow contents to pdf using this script: dw_printer.retrieve(s_cpno) dw...
Hi, My PB developers are using PB 2019 on their laptops with Online licenses that I assigned to them. (I'm the license administrator for our company.) Due to a company policy, external internet connectivity is about to be restricted on their laptops...
Hi everyone!   When trying to sign a .NET assembly in then Sign tab of the project painter (by specifying a new strong name key file) the following message displays after entering the new key file name and clicking OK: "Cannot create a strong name...
Hi all,   My client is interested in migrating their Powerbuilder 5 application to 2017 R3. They want to be able to do a trial first and see how the application works before committing to paying for a license version. As of this post, Appeon's de...
Hi, I have an OLECustomControl object on a window that is connected to the MicroSoft Browser Control. The window is under source control (SVN using SCC interface). I have changed something to the window and checked it in to repository. Now if som...
Hello all,   I am trying to implement the PFC dropdown datawindow search but I can only make it to work in datawindows that have one column only (the dddw). I am not sure why this is not working for datawindows which have multiple columns from whic...
Using PB19 Universal -  Xcode on Mac V10.3 unable to compile/build an iPAD app in Xcode (On mac ). I converted one small app for Mobile(Tablet only), went through the process that creates files for Xcode project. the following two errors: /EonNati...
Hi. My original issue is that OrcaScript in PowerBuilder 2019 (installed from the separate AutoCompile.exe installer), when running on Windows Server 2008 R2, is giving me the error "DataWindow syntax has incorrect release number." While it works fin...
I have a typical master/detail layout in a window where the master datawindow is free form and the detail is a grid. The master datawindow will often have multiple rows with a single row visible at a time. If the user tries to change the active row i...
I am a PB developer from China.I am currently testing appeonmobile(2019).When running PB program from the workspace, it takes about 10 seconds to start and appear the program window. Mobile phone connects via LAN. Is there anything optimized for serv...
Dear experts,   I have an issue when upgrade from PB 7.0 to 2017 R3.   The isssue is about keyboard press, in old system whenever I press SPACE or RIGHT key then no event occur, but in PB 2017 R3 after upgrade by migration tool, then some event o...
Hi, I use PBNI class and  try to call GetItemNumber/GetItemDecimal methods of some transferred to c++ DataWindow object reference/ All works just fine until DataWindow's numeric cell contains NULL value. In this case PB crashed when session->I...
The uploaded picture shows my issue: using the same AND filter but with the two operands exchanged (a AND b the first, b AND a the second), I get different results. I'd like to understand why results differ. Any help appreciated. TIA, Andrea...

There are no discussions available here currently