Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I have an existing project that I moved into source control and have been managing from the built in source control in the PowerBuilder IDE. My diff tool is TortoiseGit 2.6. When I inherited the existing project there were extra files and folder in t...
I'm late to this topic so I must assume it has been asked and answered many times but I need to ask: I'm embarking on building an app to run on a tablet (iPad). My question is: How does this app connect to an Oracle database residing on a server in ...
Hi We are using 2017 R3 Build 1858 for both PowerBuilder and PowerServer. (Oracle back end, Azure for PowerServer) We are using an edit mask to present a drop down calendar. Using only the mouse to select a date in the calendar we have noticed tha...
Can you use C# to write scripts for a window instead of powerscript? If not, can you direct me to any documentation on how to make a call to a REST service from a data window? I'm confident I can create a WebApi with SnapDevelop, but I don't yet kn...
Hi,I'm having problem with update function.it gives me result -1 and sqlcode 100, and i can not find out why.Data window has set update properties (key columns, use update),tab order (not on every column) and everything looks fine, but update still g...
I am attempting to Save a datawindow.  It works fine if I run it through the PowerBuilder IDE, but when I compile and create an executable i will not save a file.  It returns that it is successful but it does not save the file.  Code snippet below: ...
Hello all, I am trying to build a report through composite data window and my child data windows have different retrieval arguments (one is bounded by date whereas the other one is a list of all items). What I need to do is display the pieces of the...
Hi, We have some external PDF Files to fill out with some datas from our database. We don't want to replicate these PDFs in a datawindow because it will take time to reproduce the hole form design.  Which is the best way to accomplish this?   Tha...
Hi Appeon Community, I have troubles to create PBDs with resources in a PBR when the PBR path is relative.   I am using Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1880. Please let me know, how I can figure out this issue. Thank you....
This is the server we are using The application loads. After the password is entered these are the messages that appear and I believe in this order.   This is AEM data source. There is only 4 items that appear in the ODBC Data Source dropd...
I have a simple RTF control   I enter test, press enter twice and then Test. Again   My results when converted to HTML within an outlook draft are    test     test   What is the problem with this. I thought the control was fixed. I'm usi...
I try to connect to informix server from ws deployed on IIS and sqlerror is Transaction Not Connected. When i try to create connection from app everything is ok. Params in transaction is the same.IIS install on the local machine. Where is the prob...
Hello, is there already something like an editor or a GUI for the new Appeon theme.json file? It would be nice, if a normal user can define his own themes without knowing the Powerbuilder details. Thanks....
I try to generate classes with C# Model Generator. DB Connection is ODBC - informix.When i test connectiion PB say is ok. When i try generate classes give me excetption     System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException (0x80131937): ERROR [42000] [Informix][In...
I have some Problem in my application to run flash File , i use olecustomcontrol webbrowser, that flash can not showing the picture just blank, what should i do to solves this issue ?...
Laptops are configured to have wireless access, network access and a verizon cell card.  Becuase of this these laptops have multiple IP address.  If I use the appeongetclientip it only shows one.  I need to get all.  Is there a way to get all the ip ...
I am attempting to connect a test WebAPI project to SQL Server 2017 using ODBC. It works, but only when using a 64-bit driver. Otherwise, the app generates "The specified dsn contains an architecture mismatch between the driver and application". Any ...
Hi Appeon Community, I want to create a EXE file without PBD or DLL files using PowerBuilder Compiler (PBC). Should be changed any parameter from command line? or should be modified the PBT file? if so, which parameter or value?. Thank you for your...
Hello, When I try to connect to Sybase ASE database through my PB application I get the below error:-  ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Protocol driver call to parse connection information failed.  I can connect succe...
I'm looking to move my PowerServer to a different server.  In the AEM, I was able to export and import the Configuration Files but is there a way to export the Server Security files like Group Management and User Management?   ...

There are no discussions available here currently