Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi gents - we have a weird problem all of a sudden. Current (old) process: - read .psr files and set file names to datawindow  .dataobject  property (path + file name) - go through complicated routine to read the .psr contents, set them up in a dat...
Hello, We are using PB2019 R2 Build 2328 and consuming a WebService. (This WebService is from our client.) Recently we have had the below error : + Invocation WebService Error - check submitterID The request failed with the error message:Document ...
PowerBuilder 2019R2Oracle 12CWindows 10 64 bit platform, SP-1   Summary:  What's wrong with the dynamic SQL below? Details:   When the SQL below was run, it generated the following error when the FETCH was executed:SQL:DECLARE my_cursor DYNAMIC CU...
When in the new 2019 R3 version you run the "runtime packager", right under on the window PBDOM is listed as "obsolete". Is that really true and if so, what replaces it? regards...
Hi PB Experts, Hope Everyone is doing well in this pandemic times.  I have bumped into an issue and can't find any suitable solution so I decided to ask for your help. Let me explain the situation here. I have a dw_1, inherited from uo_dw, and it ...
Hi  I was using the powerclient all good, but now I make Upgrade to last version of PC 2019 R3 build 2622 and no client was updated client and now none client update new aplication version ,WHY..?? just work the new instalations I need reinstall a...
We are moving the Powerserver machine to a new office building. Do I have to worry that when I bring The Powerserver up, in the same PC but with different External IP address, in the new location it is going to stop working?  That is why the title ...
Hi How can I automate the installation of the new microsoft sql driver with power client   Thanks Luis...
Gentlemen, I was being asked by my devops for my application symbol file (running on 2017 R2). The only file that i know of is the ".dbg" on those lines which we would create by running the application with the /PBDEBUG switch. Is my understanding co...
Hi, In my Power Builder application I need to open url in Chrome browser even though it is not set as default browser. Any suggestions how to do it? BR, Hannu Pikkarainen    ...
Hi, is it possible to play mpf4 files from the webbrowser control in PB 2019 R3? I just tried it but i only get a black screen. It says in the documentation that local files are not supported, but they do work. E. g. just drop the file on the con...
Hi Team, We are processing the flat file which has Swedish Char. While reading the file for validation Swedish Charis missing and replaced with some unknown Char. Please let me know how to overcome this issue? PB version - Appeon PowerBuilder Stand...
Hi I Make migrate to new version of PB and Power server   but in my mobile app now the instruction   setprofilestring(ls_file,ls_section,ls_key,ls_value) profilestring( ls_file,ls_section,ls_key,"XYXY")   not work before migration all work ...
Hi, I want to use x.509 certificate with restclient object in PB2019 R2. Thanks  ...
Just started playing with PB2019.  One of the things I checked that has been an issue for a couple years, is the Runtime packager still seems to be creating a 32-bit installer.  When is this going to be fixed?  Packaging for a 64-bit app dlls and the...
Hi, Below issue happened sometime in PowerServer Web  but work fine in PB ,  confirm this input argument always supply with value. It also happened in datawaindow (bind with stored procedure) which 1st input argument us not supplied. ...
Hello all... We have created a composite report and used the SaveAs NativePDF! method. What we noticed in the PDF Document Properties is that the Title is DataWindow. Does anyone know if we can change that at the time we do the SaveAs?     ...
Hi Guys I have a SVN repository, so If I want to get all from this and run a build I have to Get all from SVN run the orcascript with orascr170.exe run pbc170.exe with parameters to build my application Is that right? Profiling orcascr170 and p...
Hello All, Powerbuilder 2019 R3 Released.  I think it's worth a separate thread. More details at https://www.appeon.com/company/news/powerbuilder-2019-r3-released-automated-app-deployment-long-term-support.html  ...
Hello, We recently moved to PB2019R2 and I have the working copy in my local. However, there are 200+ end users that are still on 2017R2. Can someone please help with the easy upgradation of client environment to 2019R2 without disturbing their work...

There are no discussions available here currently