Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
My base code comes from the example in R3 for RibbonBars. I just copied everything and using and replacing parts.    I inserted code into the key event of w_main to capture key strokes. I could use this to trigger what I want for short cut keys, bu...
Hi I'm looking performance issues with Appeon web plugin over a VPN.   Looking at the trace data for the TLS I can see when the plugin opens up a TLS connection it sends extension 35, which is a session ticket,  I can see the server response is that...
Our PB code in 2017 R3 was migrated to windows 10 environment. mail functionality which was working on Win7 no longer works on Outlook 365 (Outlook for Office 365 MSO (16.0.10730.20155)). We get Microsoft Outlook Error "Login Failed" Our code look...
Hello All, on windows server running a EXE the exportJson retunrs and empty string all the other features are working do we need any aditional DLL other than the ones of the runtime packager and the C++ runtime?...
Hello (and Happy New Year), We have a simple function that iterates over the rows of a datawidnow and fill some objects from some of the items in the row. This function looks like the following: public subroutine fill_recipe_components(datawindow a...
Hi there, we are still using the old Crystal Reports 8.5 apis to elaborate reports from our pb application. Since latest cr versions have discontinued COM, is there any workaround out there to make it work from powerbuilder? tia...
I have a datawindow with a couple of button in the footer area. When I print in paper the buttons are suppressed and everything is good. When I save the same datawindow as a PDF with the SaveAs function the buttons are printed in the PDF. How can I s...
Hello All We are using PB2019 R2 build 2151 (we can not move forward cause a date problem with dd/mm/yyyy format in spanish langauge) When we try the app from Appeon workspace it shows all the datawindow when we compile it using a APKthe datawindo...
Hi, How can i from the PB main program kill a running SharedObject ? If  I unregister the object it does not destroy and stop until the processing in it has completed and all references to the instance has been destroyed. Can I use TerminateThread...
Hello, We have discovered the following: using SNC (SQL Native Client, provider SQLNCLI11 of course), so when a table has datetime column in primary key and database compatibility level is set to, for example, 130 (SQL Server 2016), datawindow based...
Hi guys,Can you please help me out here? I'm trying to do this call using PB 2019 R2: curl https://www.tiendanube.com/apps/authorize/token \        --data \        'client_id=123&client_secret=abcdef&grant_type=authorization_code&code=x...
Hi Guru   I am new user for Appeon 2019. I have a question for appeon debugger. I use debugger for my project  if ok , for set breakpoint to project painter and but I would to debugger another painter. debugger not allow me to change another paint...
Hello, Running into strange and isolated issue with handful of users where the PB190.exe stopped working error occurs during dw_1.SaveAs (ls_file[1], XLSX!, true) call from application runtime when saving to network fileshare.  Same users can succes...
I am migrating a Powerbuilder application from 8.0 to 2019 R2. When should an application be deployed under the 64 bit platform as opposed to 32 bit? Our company is moving away from Windows 7 and standardizing all computers to Windows 10....
Hi, we have an application developed in Powerbuilder 12.1 which we are migrating to Powerbuilder 12.6 (4138), there are some challenges encountered during our testing (which we anticipated) but this one is a showstopper for us as we are stuck to iden...
  Does anybody have experience how to setup Azure pipeline and Autocompiler to compile powerbuilder projects? The Powerbuilder/Autocompiler version is 2019 R2.    ...
Hello, I'm raising again similar question to this (with specific need for Android): https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/appeon-mobile-app-keyboard?limitstart=0#reply-7956 As much as workaround APIs are usuful in discussed situations (DW...
Hello all, I'm new to snapdevelop. Everything works fine except when the converted dataWindow is not updatable, even if the only method is "RetrieveByKey" in both the controler and the service. I'm using an Oracle connection.  Here is the web API ...
HI, I try to put e image in datawindows with data base blob object i put one imange in other report, but now when try to put image this filed need two conficion in Key clause but show error in retrieve    thanks     Hola, trato de poner la image...
Hi. When I try to create a an msi for powerbuilder's 2019 runtime (R2-2328), the procedure starts but suddenly I get a message like the following one: After I press ok button, the procedure shows as it was successfully complete, but the msi is no...

There are no discussions available here currently