1. Nick R
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Saturday, 23 January 2021 21:06 PM UTC

Hello,

We recently moved to PB2019R2 and I have the working copy in my local. However, there are 200+ end users that are still on 2017R2. Can someone please help with the easy upgradation of client environment to 2019R2 without disturbing their workflow? Do I need to download anything else for the clients upgrade? Please help, Thanks!

Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 23 January 2021 21:46 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

PB 2019 R3 has been released and has new feature called PowerClient that will automate what I think you are asking about. https://www.appeon.com/conference/elevate-2020/live?id=288

Comment
  1. Nick R
  2. Saturday, 23 January 2021 23:51 PM UTC
Well, I am not sure about PowerClient however, I am looking at the ways to deploy the 2019R2 to be able to use at the client’s end. We usually have the 2017R2 files located in a shared drive. Normally, our support staff does the installations on each client machine for the first time navigating through this shared drive. Now, we have a challenge to upgrade 2019R2. Like I said, I have all the set up in my local and its all working absolutely fine. But need help with the clients setup to use this 2019R2.

Hope I am able to explain properly.
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Sunday, 24 January 2021 00:19 AM UTC
If you don’t use PowerClient, the process is same as what you did before. You compile your project to .EXE and copy that over to each user machine along with the newer version of the runtime DLLs.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.