Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, currently we are migrating to PB 2019R3. After migration the statbar is not displayed. Has someone ever noticed the same problem? PB2019 R2 PB2019 R3 After migration w_statusbar and w_toolbar is not displayed. The testcase is a migrated...
Hello everyone; I'm testing sending an image from a Web API (SnapDevelop 2019 R3) to a PowerBuilder 2019 R3 app.When I use the byte[] data type and then sending it inside a DataPacker, the sending and receiving works fine. When I do a similar test ...
Buenos Dias. Les expoemos este caso, para pedir apoyo y/o obtener alguna alternativa para este consumo.   Nuestras aplicaciones están desarrolladas en powerbuilder version 2017 R2 Con una conexión a base de datos Oracle  Actualmente nos encontra...
Hi, I would like to change the date format in a dw field from yyyy-m-d to m/d/yyyy, and have that format displayed regardless of the windows date format. How can I do this... Thanks...
I wrote a utility in C# which calls pborc190.dll to import/export source from PBLs. As of 2019 R3 this utility no longer works. I noticed that in R3, most of the DLLs have been renamed from pb*190.dll to pb*.dll. So pborc190.dll became pborc.dll. No ...
Hello, PowerServer web plugin downloads and adds Firewall rules for processes appeonbrowser.exe and appeonbrowserlauncher.exe. This results in firewall warnings during plugin installation.  Does anybody know how to define a GPO that adds automatic...
Hi, we have one big issue after migrating to PB2019R3. Migrate and Fullbuild is done. The error occurs in PB2019R3 before migrating and also after migrate/fullbuild . The application crashes after loading OleCustomControl a few times. The followi...
Hi, We have currently migrated our application to PB2019 R2. Our application generates some PSR reports and, in order the user to view those report, they used PSRViewer. The problem is that this program uses PBVM12 that now is not distributed anymor...
I'm currently using InnoSetup for client installations on windows computers and interested in this automated app deployment.  Can I be directed to instructions on how do use this method and if there are customization options for the installation?   ...
I am just starting to look into using SnapDevelop to possibly migrate our application.  I am using SnapDevelop 2019 R3 Build 2622.  I have completed some of the tutorials, all of which seem to have only 1 dw that is imported and retrieved/updated/et...
I'm currently testing PowerClient with Pb2019r3. It seems to work fine as a "Self-service" deployment tool, but I was wondering if there is a way to "push" the initial version of an application in order to avoid each end user to install it for the f...
PBv12.1 and PBv2019R2Oracle 12CWindows 10, 64 bit, SP-1 We have this giant app that we migrated from PBv12.1 to PBv2019R2. Some users run from another continent through Citrix to the host VMs to run the app. Often, the users will each have multiple s...
I installed the latest version of Powerbuilder yesterday and re-compiled my program. This morning I get an error on a line of code that was working before the latest install. The error message reads: “Null object referenced at line 110 in clicked eve...
Hello, I'm trying to generate pbl from a version control system. I'm using SVN version control system. My original pbl, pbt and pbw  are located in \pcf_ci1, and my sources are located in \pcf_ci1\ws_object/myfeeling.pbl.src. Here is the debug outpu...
Dear Appeon,   I have big issue for power server 2019 issue for mobile , specially on android, now the version android is 11 , all application I deploy does not work , work space appeon crash , APK can't installed. What issue for power server 2019....
Hi all, as discussed in my last question Use of CrystalReports .NET DLL in PB 2019, we managed to get this CrystalReports DLL (32 bit) work to be used in the PB IDE and even in the compiled 32 bit version of our application. We are using PB 2019 ...
Hi, PB 2019 R3: I've only seen this happen once and could not reproduce it after closing powerbuilder and opening again. It does give me a 'funny' feeling though. When having selected a dddw column and clicking on some of the attributes on the "Edi...
We are using iwarunner for users to run the application.  If I try to install iwarunner for another user on the same machine it doesn't put the icon on the desktop.  What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Bill...
I have the following code: string            ls_date = "1900-01-50"date            ld_dateld_date = date(ls_date)messagebox("Date", string(ld_date, "dd-mm-yyyy")) When run using PowerBuilder 12.5.2 (my legacy system) the result in the messagebox is...
Cannot seem to find any information on this.  Someone said it would be made easier in R3.  We had been using Synergy and storing the PBLS and using Orca to build.  Since using the PB Native GIT interface pulls the source out of the pbls they no longe...

There are no discussions available here currently