Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Good afternoon, I have this doubt. There is the possibility to customize or change the messageBox default icons as: Information! (Default) StopSign! Exclamation! Question! None!   Edinson Nongrados...
Hi, everyone. I have not been able to upload the APK of my app to Google Play as it requires me to have API level 29. I‘m using PowerServer 2020 Build 2323. Does this version of PS, or later, support this API level? Thanks for any help....
Hello, Just recently changed SaveAs PDF using Ghostscript to using Native PDF as below:     lds_report.Object.DataWindow.Export.PDF.Method = NativePDF!    li_rtn = lds_report.SaveAs(ls_report_filename, PDF!, false) Reports are saving to PDF OK exc...
I am using PB19 R2 against SQL server database. My problem is that when I edit a script containing embedded SQL like "select count(*) into :ll_ant from sometable;" it takes 2-3 seconds for every keystroke - my colleagues does not have the same probl...
Is there any method to change the menu of a window, for its original menu?I am testing, but the changemenu() fails // Reestablecemos el menú de la hoja activalw_sheet = w_frame.GetActiveSheet()if isValid(lw_sheet) then        // Test: Pare elimina...
Hello, Need to arrive the milliseconds since since the Unix epoch (January 1, 1970 00:00:00 UTC) something similar to  System.currentTimeMillis() available in Android / Unix.   Any function or code snippet available to arrive this ? Happiness Alwa...
Let's say you have a nonvisual, non-autoinstantiated custom object called n_object, which has a private member variable long il_private. Now let's say there's a scenario where a function of n_object needs to create another instance of type n_object,...
Just installed PowerBuilder 2019 R3 Build 2670 and I notice that the PBODB INI file is now called PBODB.INI whereas is used to have the version number in the name, like PBODB170.INI. Does this mean from now on we only have a single version of this f...
Hi Appeon,   This has been the 2nd time that we experienced this error: I've tried the solutions posted but nothing resolves this error except reinstalling. I cant reinstall the Powerserver every time we experience this error.  What might be ca...
In the InfoMaker product, it seems I frequently, although inconsistently, get extra spaces on the end of values.  For example, I could have an expected value of “APPLE”, but instead, it displays as “APPLE          “ in the output.  I then need to use...
Hi , How to convert dotx format document to PDF in PB 2017/2019 OR otherwise how can we display dotx file in PB 2017/2019 ?   Please suggest. Thanks Shweta...
Hello everyone, Im migrating my app to PB2019 R3, to get the new ribbonbar PBR. But I don't know what I'm suposed to do, the ribbon images go directly to the app (.pbr) file or I need to create a new (.pbr) file?...
Where I can find it ?...
I am just starting to look into using SnapDevelop to possibly migrate our application and I have been having a difficult time with the demos because it seems that things do not match.  I am using SnapDevelop 2019 R3 Build 2622.  I have moved onto tr...
I have managed to install PowerBuilder 2019 r3. I this versjon the Workspace menu item Add to Source Control is missing at the workspace level- in PB 2019 r2 this was ok. How can I add the project to GIT? Regards Gunnar Gisleberg...
We have a number of PB2017 R3 apps, which are currently deployed on Windows 8.1 laptops. We are testing them on Windows 10.  Many windows (especially response windows, but also standard MessageBox calls) are missing the right and/or bottom borders. ...
Hello All., I have an issue in PB17 Application in Web deployed version. In our application, We have a requirement to handle Transaction object in Array to connect different databases at the same time and hold the transaction. So while establishing...
Does anyone use Cylance as a anti-virus/anti-malware tool?  Our company migrated from Trendmicro to Cylance and all of a sudden (on Windows 10 PCs), some of our Powerbuilder compiled executables are now being blocked by Cylance and deemed as unsafe. ...
Hi I run into problems installing powerbuilder 2019 r3 on my computer: A message appears: Another instance of this setup is already running. Please wait for the other instance to run and then try again. It seems that this message is locking the in...
I am just starting to look into using SnapDevelop to possibly migrate our application and I have been having a difficult time with the demos because it seems that things do not match.  I am using SnapDevelop 2019 R3 Build 2622.  As an example, in th...

There are no discussions available here currently