Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Today I have Powerbuilder 2017 R3 installed and we plan to migrate to Powerbuilder 2019 R2. I wonder if it is possible to have both versions installed on my PC at the same time? Anders Ångström...
Hello everyone,  Im trying to do a copy field button inside a datawindow using (Clipboard) function, I let the code down below. It's not working for me, what should I do? It's the function (Clipboard) working as it should?   The code down below is...
Hello,I need some advice on how to trick the standard crossbrowser plugin installation.Maybe an "Active Directory group policy" tweak or a "c:\Users\Public" workaround. *ProblemHow to pre-install crossbrowser plugin so users can just type the Webapp...
One of the main problem that still exists even in new versions is right to left arrangement of columns in datawindow . I mean in countries which write Right to left(RTL) they expect that columns in a datawindow must be aligned from right to left but ...
It appears that some care is needed with the Randomize(0) function when used in the application startup event.    We have reproduced that in PB 2019 4017 that the setting of the random number sequence can end up being reset. We have an application ...
Good Day! Using PB 2017 R3 I am employing a shared object NVO for a window wherein I display the status of a long-running process. Everything works, beautifully, and the application never freezes because of this approach. The issue, however, is th...
Hi All, we have application which is developed in PB 11.5 and recently we have migrated it to PB2017 to make this work in windows 10 machine. But we are facing issues with it.  We could open the login form but later it will closed automatically, so...
We have recently migrated to PB2019 R2 Build 2353 from PB2017 build 1666. Rich text data window is not printing second page. we are having built-in rich edit control settings. No code change at all. Just pure migration from PB2017. New application...
I saw the response to Jim's question by Roland but I have build 2170 and cannot connect to the database.     Not sure what steps I need to take at this point. Thanks. Greg...
Hi Team, I have date field value but database has Timestamp format. This is existing application so not interested to disturb it. It is ok to set time field as 0's. Please let me know how to convert date field to timestamp one   Thanks, Aaron...
Hello Experts,Do you know from where I can download the updated OCX MSCOMM32.OCX and MSWINSCK.OCX for Windows 10 and PB2019? thanks and regards,    Fernando.  ...
Hello All, I'm working my way through the PBNI Programmers Guide, as our company could benefit from some of the PBNI's functionality for testing purposes - notably the PBNI's capability to create and manipulate objects dynamically. I was particular...
Im trying to write a simple XML parser, Im using the simple example found in the Help documentation for PBDOM builder   PBDOM_Builder pbdom_bldr   Gives me "Illegal data type" pbdom_builder so Im trying to figure out how to create the pbdom_build...
Im trying to test the web browser object in PB 2019 R2.Seems straight forward to just add the object to a window, call navigate in the open window event.integer li_rtnli_rtn = wb_1.Navigate(" www.appeon.com ")but it returns -1Obviously Im missing som...
What edit is needed in the RibbonBar menu XML to JUST Underscore a letter in the name of the menu choice, to signify when the user clicks on the letter or speed key, that it will be like clicking on that menu item. This is to mimic the menu speed ke...
*Phenomenon:Themes not working in Citrix Server. Server details attached. *Reproduce Steps:We deployed our application in citrix server 2007 with Service Pack2 - 64 Bit ( details attached ). We copied the theme190 folder as a subfolder where our ex...
Sres una ayuda...   estoy iniciando en crear una pequeña aplicación móvil , un simple retrieve de una tabla. Esto ya lo hace el aplicativo, pero cuando actualizo un dato de la tabla con el Ide del PowerBuilder y grabo ,  en Mi aplicativo movíl  sigu...
I have an application running on PowerBuilder 2019 deployed in a Citrix environment that I really need to get automated testing built for. Anyone have knowledge on tools outside Zeenyx AscentialTest that work with PowerBuilder 2019 or positive result...
This might be a dumb question but can I use the images from Segoe MDL2 Assets as the PictureName when loading the RibbonBar? I need to update all of our images now and trying to figure out the best option. Seems like everything I need is in there but...
My base code comes from the example in R3 for RibbonBars. I just copied everything and using and replacing parts.    I inserted code into the key event of w_main to capture key strokes. I could use this to trigger what I want for short cut keys, bu...

There are no discussions available here currently