Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello All, Powerbuilder 2019 R3 Released.  I think it's worth a separate thread. More details at https://www.appeon.com/company/news/powerbuilder-2019-r3-released-automated-app-deployment-long-term-support.html  ...
Hello, We recently moved to PB2019R2 and I have the working copy in my local. However, there are 200+ end users that are still on 2017R2. Can someone please help with the easy upgradation of client environment to 2019R2 without disturbing their work...
Good day Guru.I need to have the Appeon 2019r3 manuals in pdf format.In particular: https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019r3/whats_new/ How can it be done ? Thanks in advance for the reply   Gimmy...
In PB 2019 R3 Beta we had a separate installer for PowerClient, which I cannot find in GA. Is there something wrong, or for the GA it's part of some other installer?   Andreas....
is there any way to NOT install the example applications?  or are we stuck with example bloat?    ...
We are working in PB19/Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (SP2-CU7) (KB4032541) - 12.0.5556.0 (X64) Aug 17 2017 12:07:38 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.3 <X64> (Build 9600: ) application is deployed in...
Appeon,      I am trying to Profile (Trace) an Appeon PowerBuilder 2019 R2, Build 2353 application and create a Trace File Name of:  C:\scratch\TapsEditorProfiling.pbp in the IDE.  I am unable to view the file  How can I view it?Also can I Profile ...
I have it installed and all is working PERFECT !   Well done Appeon :) PowerBuilder 2019 R3 Released with Automated App Deployment & Long-Term Support | Appeon Website   //Steen...
I'm looking so much forward for the R3 GA When ? :-)   //Steen...
Hi together, would like to work with Bruce's DataWindow to C# Converter in SnapDevelop. Creating simple the project brings me a lot of 'type or namespace not found' errors. Tried to reinstall SnapDevelop (2019 R2 2353) and manual install nuget pac...
Hi, Greetings! We are trying to establish a SSL connection with Sybase ASE database server using PowerServer Web/AEM. The driver we intend to use is ASE Native Driver. But after providing connection values, the testing of datasource keeps on fail...
Hi,   I am getting this error i power builder application. But back end logic written in Pro*c and the error getting same from Pro*c code.   Did any knows hot to solve this problem.   Currently i have identified the problem and the problem was ...
Hi, I am trying to set up a SSO in my PowerBuilder application. The requirement is such that the user wont need to enter the password and it would be a AD authentication that will allow and authenticate the user. The application is in PowerBuilder...
Because IE is not secure anymore, I developed an embedded browser in Powerbuilder, based on Webview2. Security patches will automatically be installed via Windows updates. I think that is a good thing, because there are often security patches. Now ...
Hi Guru    I upgraded PB 7 to PB 2019 r2 version.  if PB connect to Ms  SQL use SNC protocol. PB  datawinodws cannot display the field that have more than 100 characters.  datawindow can shows more than 100 words if use odbc or OLE DB. but I would...
Dear Experts, I have queries related to Powerbuilder 2017 R3's compatibility with TFVC (TFS Version control). At present we are using VSS as our Source Code Management Tool We are doing a PoC to check how TFVC suits as SCM tool for Powerbuilder. I...
Hi, I'm having to apply vScroll and HScroll bars to a window on some big windows that we have which wouldn't fit an smaller screen resolutions. If the WorkSpaceHeight() is smaller than a certain values, I want to set the width and height of the wind...
We have an MDI application and the title bar of the sheet includes a description of the current record. I noticed that the title bar wasn't always refreshing properly when you moved to a new record.  It works if the sheet is normal size (i.e not maxi...
I am receiving invalid datawindow / row column specified at line number even though both line and column exists in a datawindow. code line is as per below. dw_rhwork.setitem(1,"invoice",getitemstring(getrow(),"tch_in"))dw_rhwork.setitem(1,"invoice_...
I didn't know if this should be "how to" or advice.   It would be great if a panel in a ribbon menu could be reused in different categories. That way I could create a generic record navigation panel (first, next, previous, last, save as, filter, so...

There are no discussions available here currently