Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi,    When I try to login into the Appeon website using my registered email address, I receive the error message - "Your Account or IP has been banned".    When I click on "Forgot Password" and reset my password through the link, I'm able to log...
Hi Sir or Madam, Recently our database has just moved from sybase to Microsoft sql server 2019. And PB build app/exe connect to db using ini file. I am using PB2019R3. [Profile D]DBMS = "MSOLEDBSQL"ServerName = "200.200.11.24"LogId = "dba"AutoCommi...
When I installed PowerBuilder 2017 R3, I was told Sybase is our dB, so don't need to install SQL Anywhere.  But now I would like to do the Fundamentals course at:  Appeon U | Appeon (www.appeon.com/appeon-u/pb) which depends on SQL Anywhere 17.   N...
Greetings. The debugger is throwing the following message:   However, the size of the JS file where I set the breakpoint is 269 KB as shown in this figure: What can be the cause of this inconsistency? I am working with PB 2019 R2. Thanks in a...
Hi guys, using PB2019 R2 ( i know :))    we are having a batch processor executable , that does a whole lot of processing on our clients server.  We have been updating some of our clients to our latest version of our software. since this update , ...
Hi.   How do I set up a deployment to configure powerserver 2022 load-balancing?   Is it possible to configure the distribution to server A and server B at the same time?   Thank you  ...
Hi! I have a datawindow, and I change the content page-by-page.  I would like to print in duplex mode (two-sided printing), but how to append one datawindow page to another page (with my changes), to print in duplex mode. Or, any another method? R...
Hi. Is there any PowerBuilder dealer in Brazil? Regards, Luiz...
Does anyone else have this? It takes more than 1 minute (timed it) to open a DB profile in OLE Microsoft OLE DB Also creating a profile as soon as I choose SQLOLEDB as a Provider every stops for more than a minute. I've tried changing the order of...
Hi, We are currently using PB12.6 and intend to migrate to PB2022, keeping our application in its client/server form at first, but we would like to try out PowerServer as well, so our intentions are to buy a number of Pro licenses and one CloudPro. ...
Hi, Does anyone know how I can trigger a "Windows notification" from PowerBuilder (PB 2022 GA) and API call I guess but I don't know how :-)    Thanks  //Steen...
Hi, Just wondering anyone uses TestComplete to run automated tests for testing their Powerbuilder software? We have been using Smartbears product called TestComplete for almost 8 years. We recently migrated to PB 2022 not TestComplete won't recogniz...
Hello, common use case when performing .NET datastore update in API Service is  1) send restclient.Submit( ... dw_1) or restclient.sendPostRequest( ... dw_1.exportJson(True) ) from PB client2) perform restclient.Retrieve(dw_1 ...) from PB client to...
Hi all, we were checking our databases using the various sp_Blitz procedures (First Responder Kit) and we discovered something we had hints before: SELECT statements produced by our PowerBuilder (2017 using SNC) application's datawindows create lot...
Hi Appeon team, We have more than 5000+ clients in the Health care sector and other industries. Now, we are working in Powerbuilder 2022 and implemented as local network system. Actually, in this case we are struggling more difficulties to update an...
So I have a JSON string I'd like to load into a JSONpackage object for further processing.  Problem is (apparently) it is an array which I guess the JSONPackage object cannot handle.  I get this error: Failed to load the JSON data because its root no...
I used to develop project in Powebuilder several years ago. I am looking for a reference documentation on best practices in writing PB applications. Does it exist ? Thanks for your help...
I'm including below a link to the System Requirements for PB 2022 and you'll note (happily, I hope) that Windows 11 is officially supported:    https://docs.appeon.com/pb2022/installation_guide_for_pb/System_Requirements.html Invariably with every ...
Please let us know if there is a way to use CyberArk with  PowerBuilder for Passwords. If yes please let us know or advice how to use cyberark? Please let us know as soon as possible because this is urgent...
Hi Guys,   I have an issue with MSOLEDBSQL SQL Server driver in PB2022 , our application is build in 32bit  since our application supports only 32bit due to some third party objects not compatible to 64 bit architecture.  In client machine, our ap...

There are no discussions available here currently