Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I've installed a trial version of PowerBuilder 2019 R2. The project I'm working on loads a .Net dll. For some reason I keep getting a -2 return code when using LoadWithDotNetFramework, both when using relative and absolute paths. My colleagues are ...
Hello everyone i've successfully migrated to PB 2022. Im trying to rebuild also my snapdevelop webapi project. The rebuild finished without errors after upgrading all the dependencies, but when i try to publish the app to my remote server (Windows...
Dear all, just to clarify and to be sure: there is no way how I could run/deploy a classic pb app (PFC) on PowerServer and then run/show it inside a browser without having to download/use the Cloud App Laucher? Can I say that without a Cloud App La...
Hello Team It is September, yay! Is there a tentative date by when PowerBuilder 2022 GA will be available?...
Hello, PB 2022 What's the default installation folder of PB 2022?  Is it C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase ?  Or C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon ? For me it's installation in C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase.  Is that correct? Happiness AlwaysBKR Sivaprak...
As far as I know PB runtime is free and necessary to execute desktop applications, is it necessary to run PB runtime msi to install it or just run it one time on any machine and copy the runtime files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Common\PowerBu...
Hello everybody.I just installed version 2022.As you can see from the image, the new version does not see the old runtimes.Did I do something wrong?   Thanks in advance for the reply   ...
Good Morning, folks,we're losing constantly our database connections from our PB application to our Sybase ASE 16. This problem occurs since a couple of weeks. Our network admins cannot see any significant traffic problems.All SQL tools lose their c...
UPDATE:  Tuesday, 06-SEP-2022.  I have attached the two function I used to make this work. (merge_two_pdf_files.txt)Arg! Text format attachments are not allowed. (Why not?) Fine.The code is in the last entry of this thread. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
Hi, all Getting this error in deployment log of mobile app: "Failed to generate DWSQL". All DWs show blank when running app. Tested DB connection in PSToolkit DB profile: error when specifying SQL Native Client but OK with ODBC. I'm using PB2019 B...
In "Elevate 2021 Keynote" on PowerBuilder 2021/2022 features https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbHr9fgkLVI   At 8:20 mark, it says, "Reuse PowerServer REST APIs by other apps" As far as I know from Appeon's prior communication, REST APIs generated ...
 Hi,           Our application is in PB2019 R3, we need to show .PNG image (size: 50 X 26 pixels) on one of the Grid Datawindow column using Bitmap expression, we would like to know exact Height and Width need to set for showing the image clearly si...
I have created an application that used ldap login.  Below is my sample code   boolean ls_valjsonpackage lnv_pack1,lnv_pack2jsonparser lnv_jsonparser lnv_pack1 = create jsonpackagelnv_pack2 = create jsonpackageHttpClient lnv_HttpClientlnv_HttpCli...
I am using the CASE statements for setting database connection details up to PB2021 without PowerServer Example: Case IS_USE_SCRIPT /* Populate Database Connection from Script */ as_dbms = "ODBC" as_database = "" as_userid = "" as_dbpass = "" as_lo...
I'm wondering what the chance is that Appeon would bring back the COM generator feature. I know you are pushing C# but to be realistic, a large percentage of PowerBuilder developers do not know how to code C# and would rather not be forced to learn ...
Hello, We have a PowerServer 2020 installed and connect Oracle by using 64-bit Oracle 11.2 client. Since Oracle 11.2 is going to end of life. We are testing to use Oracle 12c client. We found there is an issue on executing a Stored Procedure. The st...
Hello, we plan to move from TFS (Microsoft Team Foundation Server) to GitHub. We have several programs that use sub-libraries that are common to all projects. What is the best approach to not having to have all projects in one repository? Our App...
Hi, I need to capture a image through web camera in my power builder application. I find some code but I cant able to capture the images. Please anyone help in this case.  Thanks in advance....
Are following environment are supported or will be supported in future releases: 1. PowerBuilder IDE working on Citrix or Terminal server ? 2. Multiusers PowerBuilder development environment on Windows (any other OS) with Served Licenses (not per S...
Hi Team, Please help me understand these issues better by answering the following questions. In my current application following DLL's are used through global external function option. USER32.DLL Kernel32.dll ADVAPI32.DLL shell32.dll Qus#1 - T...

There are no discussions available here currently