Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
PowerServer Team - Our PowerServer 2021 rollout is going good.  A new error appeared today when a client clicked on the URL.  The error appears after the Cloud App Launcher is installed.   The desktop uses Avast for security.  Any thoughts how to fi...
Hi, I have an application in PowerBuilder 6.5. I wanted to know if it is possible to deploy it on a network directory and be executed by several users and workstations. Are there any contraints for its implementation ? Thank you for your answers....
Hi,   is there a way to change the Tab-text color dynamicly while themes are active? We tried disabling drawing of the tab-control in the theme.json. But when using a dark theme it doesn't look good at all. Regards Stefan    ...
Hi! I am converting a few PowerBuilder apps to C# but I am not sure how to convert dlls from PowerBuilder to C#. One of my dlls in PB is defined as FUNCTION longptr Decrypt(ref longptr decryptMem) LIBRARY "DecryptDLL.dll" alias for "Decrypt;Ansi" ...
We are in the process of converting our application to a PowerBuilder application. We use dynamic connections and after a while we get the following message. 'Select Error: Transaction does not exist. Transaction ID xxxx-xxxx-xxx-xx-xx' We don't c...
I wonder why the <ESC>-Key does not work for Input Fields on websites in the WebBrowser Control. For example https://www.google.com Escape-Key does not fire :-( I ran into that issue while porting OLE WebBrowser Control to PowerBuilder's Web...
Hi all, The Navigate function always returns -1 even with static url.Here is a sample code: is_url = message.StringParmli_navigate = wb_1.Navigate("http://www.appeon.com") // Return -1li_navigate = wb_1.Navigate(is_url) // Return -1 Any idea? Tha...
Hello, Using PB 2019 R3, PostgreSQL 11.11, compiled by Visual C++ build 1914, 64-bit, PgAdmin 4.27 When I run the below query in PgAdmin, it works correct SELECT x::time FROM generate_series(timestamp '2000-01-01', timestamp '2000-01-01 23:59', in...
Hi,   Anyone tried this new PB2022 PDF feature : New PDF Builder (beta feature) - - What's New (appeon.com)   Thanks Steen...
I have a .NET Webservice that when called, generates a DataWindow from DataWindow Syntax passed in as a parameter. The service then creates a PDF file from the generated DataWindow using SaveAS. It then takes that PDF and saves it to a row in a datab...
Hi, We have a legacy PB 2017 R3 application which uses a modifed version of PFC. The application code is in one folder whilst the PFC code is in another. Both folders under under a common "main" folder. It seems that the application folder has bee...
Hi, I have a new question about deploying an application n PowerBuilder. I'm a developer from .NET stack. In .NET Windows (WinForms/WPF) application is possible to put runtime and custom libraries in subfolders (below the image or in the attachment)...
Hi, I know how I can change font, some settings in PB IDE 2022. But, how I can change file editor background and font colors to custom (set custom RGB value) ? Regards, Pawel...
Hi guys, We just migrated our set of apps into PB2022 Classic with no issues but now are experiencing crashes with SVN. Powerbuilder crashes immediately after an attempt to open a workspace assigned to SVN source control. What makes it worse is th...
When opening the property of selected objects in a datawindow, powerbuilder 2021 crashes and then closes the main window. Is there any hotfix for this problem?...
https://github.com/Appeon/PowerServer-Console-HTML-ExampleYou have accessed the site and downloaded the source of the PowerServer Administrator pageAs shown in the image below, I downloaded and installed node.js version 14.16 and ran npm installation...
Dear Friends I started having issues with a composite DW.  I seems that the user is having the problem from time ago and solved it generating the report with less data.     The problem persists in PB 2021, but the case started with pb12.6 that show...
Hi Team,   Does PB22 no longer supports the old PB =* outer join syntax?  Actually we have migrated our application from PB 2017 to PB 2022 nd it looks * outer join syntax is not doing the things so thought of checking with you ?   Thanks Vijay ...
Hi   Our Powerbuilder applications look blurry when using Windows DPI scaling setting above 100%, which is necessary for users who run high resolution monitors (4k primarily). Is native DPI scaling support on the roadmap for Powerbuilder?   Than...
I'm trying to update an old Crosstab report. Specifically I'm trying to alter the stored procedure that the Crosstab uses. I need to add an argument to it but can't find any way to edit the source. Am I missing something or is it impossible?  Thanks...

There are no discussions available here currently