1. Arnd Schmidt
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 24 October 2022 14:14 PM UTC

I wonder why the <ESC>-Key does not work for Input Fields on websites in the WebBrowser Control.

For example https://www.google.com

Escape-Key does not fire :-(

I ran into that issue while porting OLE WebBrowser Control to PowerBuilder's WebBrowser Control.

Any ideas / solutions are welcome!

Arnd

Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 24 October 2022 16:33 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Arnd, Can you quickly verify with PB 2022 to see if problem still exists in the newer version?  If newer version also has same problem, then most likely it it is a limitation.  You can make enhancement request by emailing product@appeon.com.  As mentioned in other posts, in PB 2022 R2 we are switching to Microsoft's built-in engine that should not have the shortcomings you mentioned.  

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Monday, 24 October 2022 17:09 PM UTC
I understand. If you can do quick test in PB 2022 it would still be useful to identify if this is version-specific issue.
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 26 October 2022 17:33 PM UTC
We plan to update 2019 R3 in next 60 days with the WebView2 control. Hopefully this update resolves your issue.
  1. Helpful
  1. Arnd Schmidt
  2. Wednesday, 26 October 2022 17:59 PM UTC
Absolutely great news!!!

I am pretty sure you make some people happy!

Thumbs up!
  1. Helpful 1
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 24 October 2022 16:05 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Arnd; 

FYI: PB 2019 + 2022 use a much older version of the chromium engine to run the built-in Web browser control. The PB2022 version has a much newer Chromium engine. Please try your websites using the PB 2022 version.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Arnd Schmidt
  2. Monday, 24 October 2022 16:55 PM UTC
Hi Chris,

I do not have a PowerBuilder 2022 version installed on my current environment :-(

Customer's still using PB 2019 R3 and do not plan to upgrade in the next months. LTS is what they payed for.

Appeon's Graph Examples include a browser window where you can reproduce that issue.

For sure MS WebView2 should work fine. Btw: I made some 3-4 Day PBNI coding 2 years ago to get the WebView2 running with PowerBuilder 10.5.

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.