1. Michael Connell
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 26 October 2022 06:59 AM UTC

Hi,

We have a legacy PB 2017 R3 application which uses a modifed version of PFC.

The application code is in one folder whilst the PFC code is in another. Both folders under under a common "main" folder.

It seems that the application folder has been defined as a repository and the contents pushed up to our Azure DevOps site rather than the "main" folder. This means that the modified PFC code is not under source control - something we wish to correct.

It seems I have two choices: I can either drop the sub-folder repository and then redefine a repository on the "main" folder, but this would appear to be a lot of work and I'm guessing we would lose all the change history for the application.

Alternatively I can manually define the PFC subfolder as a repository and push the contents up to a second repository on the Azure DevOps server. This is not an ideal situation since it would mean that any changes to the PFC would need to handled manually, but the PFC is quite static so this would not be a big problem.

My question, however, is would having two repositories cause any problems for the PB IDE?

Regards,

Michael Connell.

Francisco Martinez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 26 October 2022 13:11 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Michael,

I'm not a 100% sure but it sounds like this is the perfect place for Git Submodules

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Francisco

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.