Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi Everyone I need to put a file onto a file server from another server where my web application runs. The file server has many mapped/lettered drives (d:\, e:\, f:\, ect.) If I use a full path name \\fileservername\D$\folder1\folder2\ my web appl...
Hi I have a couple of questions - Is PowerServer aka CloudPro?   - We are on PowerServer 2019 trial and are about to move onto a paid license. I was encouraged to go with PowerServer 2020 instead of 2019. What are the pros/cons about going with t...
Good Hump Day morning! I got this attached error message when running my web app on a remote server as IWA. Double checked the <RemoteServerIP>:portnumber/AEM settings but all Data Source entries were all there. Where else would trigger this...
OS: Win10 latest build Version: PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Build 2328 Problem: PB main window in Monitor 1, some popup windows awkwardly pops in Monitor 2 How do I avoid this?  Thanks    Those popup windows include: Search library entries Tools - ...
We are trying to understand why our application built with PB2019R2 is significantly slower than the same application built with PB2017, even though in general the application is slow. Analysing the interaction with database using MSSQL Profiled we n...
Hi I am here to get some verification on the return code for the function call in the subject line. From this article, https://bit.ly/31divYS, the Successful return code is 1. BUT, in this article, https://bit.ly/2BsbvwL, the Successful return cod...
MySQL Server 5.6.26MySQL ODBC 5.3.10 ANSIInternet Explorer: 11.471.17134.0PowerBuilder Universal: 2019R2 Build 2328.00PowerServer (PB Edition): 2020 Build 2323.00 From AEM The following syntax: ls_Syntax = SQLCA.SyntaxFromSql("SELECT CONVERT(' ', C...
I have an Oledatabase Blob object on a datawindow that works fine.  I can store and retrieve to the database.  I would like to add a function to select an existing document and store it as a blob in the table.  I'm using the GetOpenFileName function ...
Hi I am in the mid of configuring PowerServer Application Deployment -> Server Settings and stuck on the Power Server settings. After I put in the Server Name and Port Number for HTTP and Test it, it errored out.  "Failed to connect to PowerSer...
Hello, today i found code where someone updates a Datastore with update(datastore). I could not find any reference to this function. Does anyone know anything about this function? regards, Ferdinand Fischer...
Hello, I have an editmask, and have included a border.  I want to edit the color of the border, maybe add some glow when they click into it. But there is literally no styling you can do from the editMask. The only way to do this is to take off th...
Hi I have done the following to migrate an application to our company's web server to be run as a web application. By the way, the application runs as a web app on my local computer well. - I have PowerServer (the same version as that on my local c...
Does anyone have a list of available fonts that we can use for PowerServer?...
Good Friday I am trying to following this online document (https://bit.ly/2Crv7BH) to configure IIS for my web app. The PowerServer installed is of 2019 (Note, there is Another configuring online doc for PowerServer 2020 - https://bit.ly/30XONqT) ...
Hello, Due to not being to embed the WebBrowser within PowerServer Web, I need to give them a link to press that opens a tab to a google maps link, can I do this? Thanks...
Hello Powerbuilders....! The WebBrowser control sometimes works... and sometimes doesn't! On the following screenshot, on the left I places a WebBrowser control and on the right the MS Internet browser.   This is the code on Window's open event...
Hello,When compiling an app in Powerbuilder2019R2 and running it on windows2003, it gives me the message:"Cannot find entry point for isProcessDPIAware procedure in dynamic link library USER32.dll." From what I see this function does not exist in win...
Hello, In a few earlier discussions, Appeon has given some hints regarding the features that will be made available in future releases of Powerbuilder.  I would like to know whether it still holds good. 1.  HTML datawindow2.  Latest 64 bit TX Text ...
Hi - We are exploring potential usages for your C# libraries.  We have clients who have created custom datawindows for reporting purposes and are trying determine how/if this can be supported.  We are thinking of using the PowerScript.Bridge.DataObje...
Hi, I have a question with regards to "Save As" functionality. I have a report that gets generated basing on a date criteria. Recently, i choose to hide a particular field in a Design view of the Data Window(un-checking the "Visible" option). I run ...

There are no discussions available here currently