Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi Everyone, I'm having an issue on a VM (Windows 10 Enterprise , 64 bit, 12 GB Ram). I'm using a timer to start a windows login application, but for some reason timer event never runs. Any idea about this issue. I ran same application on a differen...
I'm using infomaker 17 and have a form with dropdown choices for a field that need editing but I cannot figure how to open the data view (I believe that's what it's called) to make changes. ...
good morning I'm starting to work with PostgreSQL, but I'm having some difficulties. It looks like an IDE problem. Can anyone help me ? I attach Print Screen   1) i see the tables   2) if i selecct a table i can't see the columns   3) i...
Hi There, Is it possible to set the background colour for grid datawindows to be different than all other datawindows in the theme.json file for PowerBuilder 2019 Build 2082? If not, is this a feature included in PowerBuilder 2019 r2? Thanks,...
Where should I look into when the fileservice folder (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\fileservice is not there) is missing after a Successful fileserver setup.exe run? Thanks...
Hello guys I'm trying to read file size, modification date and file type from all files in a given path. The idea is to simulate a Windows Explorer inside a PB window.  I'm not aware of an object or function inside Appeon, so I will use any of the...
Buenos dias He migrado mi aplicación de pb a la web pero cuando lo ejecuto no me muestra las imágenes de fondo que le puse a mis dw, solo muestra las imágenes de los picture control se tiene que realizar algún paso adicional?. Cuando migre le puse l...
We are replacing instances of the deprecated SelectToStore() method in our web api.  In the code below (line 2) we switched 'SelectToStore' to 'Select'.  However, we now get an error on the last line.  The error is attached.  What is the proper synta...
Hello, I am trying to get an app deployed to both android store and apple store. I first want to update to the latest PowerServer, of which it tells me would be 2020 Build 2323 and that I would upgrade from Build 2020 2279. But when I try to updat...
Hi,  I want get il_new value. Because new tag found then I want get il_new value. below code  Err C0051 unknown function name : oe_newtagfound  -- below code -------------------------------------------------------- Int il_new_tag, il_new il_n...
Is there any documentation on how to install File Server on a window Server 2016? I ran the setup.exe as an admin and got the Installation Incomplete message I then followed https://bit.ly/2YzuoH3 but to no avail. It's not for 2016 servers.   P...
Hi I deployed a web app to a remote server with PowerServer on it. When I run the app locally, it passes the logon function successfully. When I run the app on the remote server (RDP to the server and not from local PC. Open a browser on the remot...
Looking for some ideas for an issue regarding saving and events that are posted in the itemchanged event. Simple Scenario... Datawindow has a date field, the date entered must only be a business date. User enters a date, post event fires (this is b...
Hi, I am trying to implement the encryption-decryption with TDES algorithm. Below is the piece of code I have written: //Instance Variables CONSTANT STRING ICS_KEY = "pP?g$L#C%a)*N^A*dX&Ao1j4"CONSTANT STRING ICS_IV = "?Im#9-0$" //Encryption f...
Hi I am a bit confused by how a PowerServer web application is run. Currently I have a web application on a remote server.  When I am to run it, I open up a browser and put in the http://IP:port/appname/iwarunner.html I am then prompted to downlo...
Hi Everyone I need to put a file onto a file server from another server where my web application runs. The file server has many mapped/lettered drives (d:\, e:\, f:\, ect.) If I use a full path name \\fileservername\D$\folder1\folder2\ my web appl...
Hi I have a couple of questions - Is PowerServer aka CloudPro?   - We are on PowerServer 2019 trial and are about to move onto a paid license. I was encouraged to go with PowerServer 2020 instead of 2019. What are the pros/cons about going with t...
Good Hump Day morning! I got this attached error message when running my web app on a remote server as IWA. Double checked the <RemoteServerIP>:portnumber/AEM settings but all Data Source entries were all there. Where else would trigger this...
OS: Win10 latest build Version: PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Build 2328 Problem: PB main window in Monitor 1, some popup windows awkwardly pops in Monitor 2 How do I avoid this?  Thanks    Those popup windows include: Search library entries Tools - ...
We are trying to understand why our application built with PB2019R2 is significantly slower than the same application built with PB2017, even though in general the application is slow. Analysing the interaction with database using MSSQL Profiled we n...

There are no discussions available here currently